1,007 results
All reviews sea view shepherd neame lovely hotel tankerton slopes sea front function room superior room eggs benedict seaside hotel public areas fresh milk first floor lovely room kippers car park whitstable harbour high standard
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We are history lovers and came to the area for family research. My husband found the Marine Hotel on line and we were not disappointed. It is very lovely--the rooms are beautiful, the bathrooms are large, the breakfast ample and delicious! The reception staff helped me to locate historic sites. We had a simply delightful stay and would recommend it to anyone.

The only thing I would ask for next time would be a mattress pillow-top to offer a softer bed.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Where do I start! We had a four day stay at the Marine we arrived on Friday 19th August for our sons wedding on the 20th. Everything was absolutely fabulous from start to finish. The wedding day was just perfect, the staff couldn't do enough for you and the hotel is simply wonderful and in a great location. Kate & her team decorated the room for the wedding breakfast, which looked stunning. Thank you Kate & the team.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2016

This review purely concerns the food provided at the hotel for a special function and does not reflect on the accommodation at the hotel. On 17th September I attended a buffet supper held at the Marine Hotel by an association of which I am a long-standing member. We have used many venues over the years and found most of them highly satisfactory. I have to say that, this year, this was not the case, either in quality or quantity of the food. The main course was a most peculiar mixture of sandwiches (cheap white tasteless supermarket bread) and hot items, which wouldn't have been so bad had they all been of higher quality. There was something which resembled overcooked fish fingers (calling them goujons did not make them taste any better), and there were some chicken bites or some such which were not just overdone but burned. There were dips with bits of carrot etc, which is fine for a standing buffet but not if you have to try and take it back to the table on a plate. I looked back at the food table after everyone had served themselves, and there was hardly anything left. I gather that some people towards the end of the queue had found themselves with very little to eat.

The desserts were not bad, but nothing to write home about, and again inadequate in quantity. A small amount extra was found on request, including the remarkable phenomenon of profiteroles without chocolate sauce.
The coffee was fine, although a mint would have been nice, and there was no hope of a refill.

To sum up, for £20 this was disgracefully inadequate. A week later I was at an annual dinner near Sevenoaks, where for £25 a head we had a full-scale 3-course meal excellently cooked and with generous portions. The contrast could not be more stark.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 23 September 2016

We stayed here last summer for one night and following our very positive experience we made the return trip but this time for two nights. Definitely worth paying for a larger sea view room we had a lovely stay again. Room was clean and spacious, breakfast was very tasty and it's got a fantastic location. If I have a criticism it's that the staff were noticeably less friendly than the previous year and on hot days in particular they really do need to open some windows in the corridors as it smells a bit stale and gets VERY warm indeed. Despite this would happily return.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

One night stay. Parking OK. Free WiFi. Well appointed room. All good until large metal inner of shower head fell off and hit my foot. Couldn't get Aircon temperature below 19c and it was a hot evening.
Evening meal was below average. Getting any service was hard work. Staff struggled with touch screens then walked off and did something else. Not sure if your order was in or not. Breakfast pleasant. Comfy bed. Tea coffee biscuits water and smellies in room. Great location for a sea front walk.
Would stay again but eat out.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business