All reviewswhite roomfiltered watercovered parkinglovely roomtea and coffeebiscuitslittle detailsminute walkblack puddingcooked breakfastsueensuitesofahairdryer
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked a stay at Cliftonville House for the weekend ... what a super place to stay..
Sue gave us a warm welcome and advised us of places to visit and good restaurants to try..
We stayed in the White Room which has the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and was lovely and clean with an ensuite shower and toilet..
Fabulous breakfast in the mornings too.. and there were also tea and coffee making facilities with biscuits in the room..
Unfortunately I became very unwell on the Saturday and needed to go to A&E which was 19 miles away in Margate..we didn't have transport so Sue offered to take us and she picked us back up again a few hours later too..
What a wonderful lady she is and was so kind that night...
If you are planning a trip to Whitstable I would definitely recommend staying at Cliftonville House

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

If you want the personal touch, Sue and the Cliftonville House could not have been nicer. Sue showed us our room and then offered us tea and coffee (coffee is amazing!). We stayed in the White room, which was large, airy, clean and welcoming. The shower ( ensuite ) was a nice size and powerful. The room was on the main road but this was not a problem for us and there is double glazing. About a 15 minute walk into Whitstable and off street parking round the corner. Full cooked breakfast was gorgeous, Sue even asked us if there was anything extra we would like and on our second day she would have bought us black pudding if we wanted it (we didn't). lovely mushrooms.
free wifi. choice of pillows. bed really comfortable. Sue would have put heating on if we wanted it but room was perfect temperature.
Cannot speak any more highly of Sue and the b&b -very homely, welcoming, clean and good location. definitely will stay here again.
Only problem was I spent more money than I wanted to as bought a new coffee machine - thanks to Sue and her lovely coffee !!

Room Tip: White room is larger & gorgeous but lemon room quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank explorer1970
sew50, Owner at Cliftonville House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

So pleased you both enjoyed your stay here& thanks for taking the trouble to do such a lovely review.
I hope you're enjoying your new coffee machine!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

This was my first stay there. I stayed n the White room which was huge, warm and lovely. I felt at home as Sue made me feel so comfortable and was very attentive to details. The room was comfy and kept so clean and well stocked daily (towels, coffee, tea). Breakfast was wonderful and just so relaxed. The room just smelled so clean, fresh and inviting. Sue was a wonderful hostess and just made my stay in Whistable more memorable. I will be coming back to this wonderful B&B which is my new retreat and home away from home. Thank yo Sue for everything!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
sew50, Owner at Cliftonville House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

So pleased you enjoyed your stay in the white room and thank you for taking the time to write a review
I'll look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 4 June 2017

This was our second stay here (we don't return if it isn't good) and as before we were delighted with our room, the breakfast and the welcome from Sue, the owner.

This time we stayed in the larger of the two rooms which we can highly recommend. There is a king sized bed, en suite, a sofa, pleasant light decor and furnishings and the little details make it extremely pleasant. A small fridge is provided just outside the room and inside the room there is filtered water, biscuits, a flat screen TV, hairdryer and plenty of power points. The wifi is swift.

There's also covered parking which is a bonus.

Sue asked us what we wanted for breakfast and at what time, so lovely flexibility and there was a good choice of cereals, plenty of toast and an excellent cooked breakfast.

Sue is knowledgeable about the locality and extremely helpful in suggesting routes and things to do.

We shall certainly return to this lovely example of an English B&B.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here many times over the years & it's wonderful. We stay in the White Room which is a really good size & massive comfy bed. Sue is a fantastic host & the breakfast is amazing & very relaxing in the nice quiet front room. Whenever we stay in Whitstable this is our little retreat :) just fab

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple