“Best kebab in town”

Havet Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Tonbridge
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Don't get me wrong when I say best kebab in town, Havet is anything but a kebab shop. I went with my parents and now wife , every course we had was delightful and not a drop was left which is saying something with my mum, the staff were polite and accommodating, I would recommend this restaurant all day long. P.s If they still have the starter of mince meat deep fried in batter it is a must to try.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant food, cocktails and staff!! It has a great, fun atmosphere. Very affordable too!

Vegetarian and Vegan options are clearly labelled and this is so helpful!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Every time I eat here the food is top quality and the service is 5 star. The staff are pleased to give the very best service. I would thoroughly recommended this restaurant!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Our party of 6 + a baby arrived and were seated promptly in this very busy and somewhat noisy restaurant. I would imagine that booking is essential at ALL times since this restaurant has clearly won a regular clientele. Our drinks order was taken quickly, despite the restaurant being absolutely rammed on this busy Friday evening. My 'drowned' lager shandy - driving! - arrived in DIY form - a glass of lemonade and a bottle of lager so I imagine that draft lager is not available. My request for more lemonade was met in seconds. To the starters. I chose the house taramosalata, a particular favourite, which arrived as a very large portion, far more than I expected. From looking around other tables, outsize portions appear to be the default setting in Havet so you definitely won't leave hungry. Requests for more warm bread were, again, met in seconds rather than minutes. To the mains. I chose the chicken shish, commended elsewhere on Trip Advisor reviews, with chips since I find rice quickly and overly filling. By the way, the spicy rice is exactly that - spicy!! I speak from experience from previous visits! The chicken was cooked perfectly. Soft and yielding to the knife but thoroughly cooked throughout. My chips were a little disappointing since over half resembled what you might expect from the residue tray in your local chippy so were inedible, my sole reason for dropping a star in this review. I imagine that they are, understandably, bought in bulk rather than 'chipped' on the premises. However, this did not detract from the quality of the overall meal. No room for puddings or coffee. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable evening in great company and the opportunity to meet a 7-week old baby girl for the first time. Warm memories on the drive home to London.

1  Thank taurustime
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Fantastic authentic Turksh food. Served in vibrant restaurant by amazing staff. Can't praise this restaurant highly enough. Extremely child friendly and superb value. Can thoroughly recommend.

2  Thank 1dormy