“Quirky Cafe with Excellent Coffee”
Review of Goats That Dance

Goats That Dance
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Sandwich
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We had the best cup of coffee here during our brief visit to Kent. With a choice of two cakes we opted for the Victoria Sponge which was light, moist and only £1. Our coffee and cakes were brought out to us so that we could enjoy a few rays of sunshine at one of the little tables across the road by the church. I loved the jewelled teaspoons and sugar bowl and that we were given proper cake forks. The owner(?) was charming and fixed the wobble on our table. Lucky people of Sandwich to have such a nice cafe!

1  Thank Taxidiotissa

Reviewed 9 October 2017

More than one person of our acquaintance has judged that this establishment has "the best coffee in Sandwich" (and it seems the majority of reviewers are likeminded), so, as the French shop was at critical mass, we tried Goats.

Were we in the same place? Slow service, the barista (!) was making two coffees prior to ours, which seemed to take forever.The chat was about the weather and a woman with her dog, who kept on getting in the way while I was waiting, walked out with the newspaper.

Due to the lack of space, we took our coffees over to the lovely hidden garden by the church and I am sorry, nay, ashamed, to say that my coffee was so below par, that I actually poured it away in a convenient flower bed. Weak and tasteless, unfortunately, it was and my wife concurred.

But the sausage roll was excellent!

Jonny I, Owner at Goats That Dance, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Nickpanda

I am sincerely sorry you did not enjoy your experience @"Goats". This clearly did not meet our usual high standards.
Had I been present I hope you would have bought back your drinks in order for us to be given the opportunity put things right at the time rather than through this forum.

We do pride ourselves on having a good reputation in terms of our friendly service and the high quality and flavour of our fresh, organic Arabica beans as borne out by our consistently top reviews.

I would be happy to serve you myself if you return and allow us the chance to show you that our good our coffee and service really is what the vast majority of customers have discovered.

Please do come back to the shop ,introduce yourselves and I will reimburse the cost of your original drinks and free of charge make you both something I know you will enjoy.

Again please accept my apologies for this experience.

kindest regards

Jonny

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Excellent coffee friendly service and fair prices. Good background music. a small but excellent venue.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We came across this delightful place whilst exploring Sandwich on a lovely sunny morning. After ordering cappuccinos (with my favourite cinnamon topping) the server willingly brought them out to our table across the road (which was closed for the day). Lovely coffee, interesting, quirky premises, nice clean rest room , just one minor point-not much in the way of cakes, biscuits etc.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

After an afternoon's perambulation around the historic Cinque Port of Sandwich, what better than to have a well-earned rest at this quirky coffee shop - they also do a lovely hot chocolate, by the way. Helpful friendly staff & reasonably priced - what more could you ask!!!???
I'll be back with another student.