“Wonderful friendly cafe”

Scrumalicious Cake Co
Ranked #3 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Sandwich
Description: At Scrumalicious our passion is creating hand-made cakes and other goodies to delight you. Everything is baked freshly on the premises from top quality ingredients.
Reviewed 10 October 2018

We popped in for a quick lunch and were greeted by a very friendly lady who made us most welcome.
They bake their own sourdough bread so we plumped for a Welsh rarebit and bacon sandwich which was simply delicious. We were so impressed we also bought a sourdough loaf

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 October 2018

On a day out to Sandwich we chanced upon this lovely tea room as we were looking for somewhere to have lunch and after looking at the menu decided this was the place!
We were so glad we did the lunch (chicken bacon and parmesan puff with salad) was delicious! The two ladies were friendly and so helpful. As for the cakes wow! truly scrumalicious and so hard to choose from the great selection. We will be back!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

I booked afternoon tea (they call it High Tea) for 5 people for 2pmfor my sisters 40th Birthday. Something changed with our plans and I had to re-arrange for 2.30pm, this was not a problem at all for the staff.

We arrived a little early and were shown to our table straight away. This is an eclectic tea room with mismatching cups and saucers and busy decor which gives it a wonderful quirky feel.

For 5 people we were given: 4 rounds of chunky doorstop sandwiches; tuna mayonnaise, egg mayonnaise, beef and horseradish, ham and pickle, & another with red cabbage that I can't reacll. There were 3 pots of crisps for us to share and a slice of homemade sasuage roll. Then we each had a large home made scone and then we had a cake each which we chose to take home in a box as we were so full up.

One person in our party doesn't drink hot drinks and the staff agreed to swap the tea for a cold drink. They also serve flavoured teas. Both of our pots of tea were topped up without us even having to ask.

The staff were lovely and friendly and the atmosphere made us feel very welcome. I would definately recommend Scrumalicious.

It is very close to Sandwich Quay and the staff even recommended a place for us to park when I called to book. I honestly can't rate them highly enough.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Came in for a cuppa just before lunch. We had intended having lunch elsewhere, but looked at the menu anyway. Upshot was we headed off to our intended lunch spot. Looked at their menu.....and came back here! Lovely crab and lobster 'burger' served in a croissant 'bun', which was lovely and not too heavy. Can highly recommend, both for a good cup of tea and also for lunch.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Sheila L
Reviewed 7 August 2018

After a recommendation from the village fruitshop lady we trotted along to this cafe. It was very welcoming and very quaint inside. All the chairs were different colours and odd adding to the likeability of the place. The staff taking orders were friendly and smiley. My daughter was especially pleased as she was looking forward to a cream scone with clotted cream and much to her delight, she got the last plain scone of the day. It came well presented on a slate with a butterfly shaped dish with cream on one side and jam on the other. Hubby had a Coke and ice cream which came with a tube wafer and he was very happy ! I had fresh fruit smoothie, which was so delicious I could have drunk it again quite easily and the chocolate cake I had was home made and deliciously covered in a chocolate ganache with a Rolo on top. It touched the parts that needed a choc fix !

It was a lovely treat as our holiday drew to a close.
Well done Scrumilicious !!

Date of visit: August 2018