“Great Food, Lovely Atmosphere”
Review of Luigi's

Luigi's
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$12 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We specialize in traditional and modern Italian dishes using locally sourced produce.In addition to our traditional menu we offer daily specials to compliment everyone taste. Benvenuti , Luigi`s Italian restaurant is a privately owned restaurant.Situated on the quay side of the historic seaside town of Sandwich with its world-famous royal St Georges championship links golf course on the delightful Kent coast.We specialize in traditional and modern Italian dishes using locally sourced produce.In addition to our traditional menu we offer daily specials to compliment everyone taste.With a rustic interior and a spacious dining room, Luigi's is a great dining experience with a relaxed and family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Monday night and Mum treated me and husband to a meal out to celebrate her anniversary and to toast the memory of Dad. Hadn't been here for a while but it seems to have got even better. Had garlic bread to start with - a nice big plate between the three of us and very tasty bread. A nice bottle of house merlot went down a treat. Lovely waiter (Jason), reminiscent of Orlando Bloom I thought (husband begged to differ!). Nice central table and was pleased to see that the restaurant was pretty busy for a Monday night. I ordered plain grilled chicken and salad as I fancied something green and crunchy and healthy (for a change). Mum had the risotto with chicken and asparagus, Husband a Diavolo pizza (peppers and chillis) and added a drizzle of chilli oil too. Mine was delicious, tasty grilled chicken with a lovely, fresh, salad. Husband loved his pizza and managed to eat the whole lot - said it was the best pizza he'd had in ages and could eat it all again! Mum liked her risotto but felt there was not as much chicken in it as she'd had before but although it looked small in the large plate with a small central bowl in the middle, she struggled to finish it all. Mum and I shared a pear and almond tart with ice cream and that was lovely. Very nice atmosphere, really buzzy. Food was great, fresh and tasty and staff were welcoming and quick to serve. Great Italian - how lucky we are in Sandwich.

1  Thank Debbie S

Reviewed 23 April 2018

This is a very nice restaurant we found while holidaying in the area. It was nice to see some different dishes on the menu. I had a starter I've never seen in any other Italian restaurant, it was olives stuffed with minced beef and pork, breaded and deep fried, served on salad, lovely. My husband had some Mozzarella garlic bread followed by Rigatoni Pollo Pancetta and I had Linguine ai Gamberoni, Gorgeous. It was a Sunday evening and at 6.30 we were the first to arrive, but because we sat close to the bar, it didn't feel uncomfortable. By the time we left the place was three quarters full.

2  Thank labailey2016
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for dinner. Both of our starters and main courses were completely drowning in poor quality/unpleasant tasting oil (tasted like old vegetable oil rather than olive). My main course (fish) was awful. My partner had a seafood dish and spent the rest of the evening vomiting, which ruined our weekend. Terrible overall.

3  Thank Grace_travelling
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Second visit to this popular restaurant in Sandwich and again, the place was full. The food is fantastic, tastes very fresh and there’s a great choice of pasta dishes and pizzas. The Only downside of our trip was the noise. It was virtually impossible to have a conversation with those at our table because of the noise in the room. Will no doubt return in the future.

1  Thank Carly S
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Relaxed atmosphere. First class service. Wonderful food. Enjoyed a fabulous evening here with friends. Meat balls starter was delicious as was king prawn linguini. This place is deservedly very popular amongst locals and definitely on our revisit list

1  Thank iancoles

Been to Luigi's? Share your experiences!