“Lunch”

The Brasserie on the Bay
Ranked #28 of 56 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brasserie on the Bay is located in the Bay of Sandwich. We pride ourselves on delivering quality both in the produce and the experience. We like the experience to be informal, relaxed and above all we take pride in what we do. The Brasserie has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes. There is disabled access and plently of complimentary parking at the front of the Brasserie. Those that want to make more of the visit, why not stay over and wake up to the views of the bay.....
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The food at this restaurant is superb. We had a great lunch from the set menu, excellent value, well served. Unfortunately, we were the only customers but were assured that breakfast and dinner were very busy.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

O.M.G. HOW A PLACE CAN GO DOWN,we came here a year ago & had a fabulous lunch. Today it was far from that,my mackeral starter was dry & tasteless. the main course sea bream was over shadowed by tagliatelli no veg at all.
I ordered the cheese,it came out FROZEN !!! I was given a strawberry souffle as a substitute but not charged for. Our guests were so disappointed after we had said how good it was. I doubt if we will revisit, considering we were the only customers in the restaurant ,you need to do better. such a shame......

Reviewed 21 May 2017

We weren't perhaps the right audience for this brasserie - a birthday meal for a non-golfing couple, but it was neither romantic, cosy or very friendly, and in a pretty cold, clinical and echoey box, I can't imagine golfers feeling that relaxed either.
My partner booked this based on some reviews and potential views, but on one side you're looking at the car park with what looked like, in the twilight, to be a pile of bricks - and on the other side the golf course, which may have been pretty - but the whole thing blocked by cheap-looking voile curtains.
The bay is nowhere to be seen from the restaurant - and the building itself feels like a municipal swimming pool.
The brasserie did have a good wine list, with choices at all price points - though I'm not sure we needed the waitress to tell us we'd chosen number 40!
The starter was lovely - quail cooked in different ways, which I can't fault at all.
The lamb steal main course was pretty tasty, though a very large portion (I know I shouldn't complain about that).
My pudding - posset with sorbet, was really, really unpleasant and tasteless - I should have known there would be no texture, but there was not much choice (souffle being one of the others).
The later it got in the meal, the worse the service got - and I don't think it helped that we weren't resident golfers.
Not only was service colder, but slower, too (though the golfing couple next to us seemed to think it a bit slow, too) - we waited ages to ask for the bill as staff disappeared to the kitchen, and even longer to pay, until my partner went into the kitchen to be told that he had to pay at the bar next door.
We had also asked about taxis, and were told to ask at reception - and the service there wasn't that friendly, either. When it arrived we didn't know (and were still trying to pay the bill), as the restaurant is at the back of the building and no-one came through.
Such an unfriendly, cold place compared with some golf courses I've been to before!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Very disappointed all round, evening meal was poor , under cooked or completely dried out. The beef was chewy and no taste.
The breakfast was a disaster, burnt omelette, under cooked bacon, dried out mushrooms and burnt beans. Poached eggs with broken yokes and soaked in melted butter. The food should never have left the kitchen if the chef had any pride I need his job.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Fairly small menu - which is good as the food should be cooked fresh. We were on a golfers package, so had an even smaller choice. Food is wholesome and well cooked. Presentation is nothing flashy - but you probably wouldn't expect that. Wines are very expensive for the quality and hence poor value for money.