“Christmas Meal”

The Brasserie on the Bay
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brasserie on the Bay is located in the Bay of Sandwich. We pride ourselves on delivering quality both in the produce and the experience. We like the experience to be informal, relaxed and above all we take pride in what we do. The Brasserie has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes. There is disabled access and plently of complimentary parking at the front of the Brasserie. Those that want to make more of the visit, why not stay over and wake up to the views of the bay.....
Reviewed 17 December 2016

Great Food, Great Service, Great Place!
Highly recommended. One of my favourite places to eat and it just happens to be 15 minutes from where i live, which is even better! If your a golfer then you'll be in heaven, as it also has 3 fantastic 9 hole courses.... 27 holes of pure links golf!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Ali M, Director of Sales at The Brasserie on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Thank you for your review we are delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas Evening and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

Here is an exceptionally good chef. Excellent by Central London brasserie standards. The service, however, was woeful. That was not the fault of the staff but rather those who supervise them. My wife and I went out to lunch with our son to celebrate his birthday. We were slightly delayed by the M25 traffic and phoned ahead with our exact arrival time. There was nobody on duty in the restaurant. There was nobody on duty in the bar. After a few minutes a lady, who was eating a sandwich in the bar, broke off her lunch and went into the kitchen to chase someone into action. Apart from one couple we were the only people at the brasserie for lunch. I even had to chase down someone in the adjoining bar to take my money after lunch.
The extraordinary thing is that the quality of the cooking and presentation are to the very highest standards. The prices for the fixed 2 or 3 course meals are exceptionally good value. The pheasant terrine to start was excellent. The cod main course was, according to both my son and my wife, fabulous and my beef shin was beyond good. The warm strawberry soufflé was the best I have had for a very long time. My son was in raptures over the chocolate dessert. All in all one of the best meals I have had in England for quite a long time. Why on earth spoil it by inadequate staff training. I do stress that this was not the fault of the young people working there. They were charming and friendly – they just need a little training and/or supervision.

Ali M, Director of Sales at The Brasserie on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the food at the Brasserie last week, Chef has a real passion for using local produce and prides himself on the the quality of his dishes. I shall pass on your compliments to him.

We are however sorry that you did not experience our usual high standard of service, I am pleased that our team were charming and friendly. We do carry out staff training and are due to do so in January again, and as you mention it is most important in Restaurants & Hotels. Thank you for this feedback.

I do hope that you will visit the Brasserie again.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Our group of four had a great meal here after a day playing Royal St Georges and Princes. Really good food, enjoyed by all!

Ali M, Director of Sales at The Brasserie on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Thanks for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your meal, hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Apart from experiencing one of England's outstanding golf courses at Princes GC ,what differentiated this as one special golf destination ,was the wonderful surprise to enjoy the excellent cuisine presented by Chef Ricky Smith . Friendly and excellent service standards delivered by all the team - fabulous menu choice. Thank you.

2  Thank Marlpit

Thanks you for your review, I shall pass your kind comments on to our team.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We visited the brasserie on the bay at Sandwich for lunch yesterday - 2 courses £12.95, 3 courses £15.95. The meal was outstanding with friendly service in beautiful surroundings. We did not have a starter but pheasant terrine with homemade chutney or seared scollops with black pudding sounded lovely. We both had wild mallard which consisted of two melt in your mouth breast portions and a small confit leg - which sat on large pearl barley, curly kale, assorted mushrooms and pancetta, all in a most wonderful jus. This was followed by the best ever apricot soufflé with elderflower sorbet. They hit Christmas menus for both lunch and dinner in December but prices are still extremely reasonable. Make this a place to visit - it overlooks sea and golf course with lovely lounge with wood burner, sofas and papers/magazines where you order your food before going in to the beautiful restaurant. If you want bar snacks in the lounge instead the choice is plentiful- triple cooked chips are wonderful!

Thank you very much for your discerning review, it is much appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed dining with us, I shall pass your comments to Chef and hope that we shall see you again soon.