“Fantastic food, superb staff, lovely atmosphere”
Review of My Thai

My Thai
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2018

My first visit for a while, as father-in-law preferred the now defunct Thai Time, but I realised what I've been missing. I'd always thought that this was more "rustic" than the fancier Thai Time, but the flavours of the food were so defined and delicate and this was the best Thai I've had in ages! Nan was our waitress and what a lovely girl she was. We went for the set menu for 4 people and it delivered in every way. The starters were a delicious dim sum each, two small prawn toasts, a prawn fried in filo, a small spring roll, a piece of chicken on a stick and a Thai fish cake and we each had a little dish of dipping sauces, the peanut one and a chilli one (nice touch to have our own dish of sauces). These little tasters were scrumptious and certainly boded well for the mains to come. Our mains were absolutely superb!! A lovely big bowl of jasmine white rice brought to us by Rut who was excellent and kept an eye on everything and brought us extra cutlery and JoJo who was lovely and brought us the lovely warmed plates (nice touch that our plates were warmed - not many restaurants do this I feel). We had a seafood yellow curry which was extremely fishy and spicy - not a massive amount which worried the men in our party but ended up the perfect amount as it was so filling and spicy. Along with this was a wonderfully fragrant and hot chicken with chilli and basil, some lovely chickeny Pad Thai noodles, a zingy pork with ginger, some nice sweet and sour prawns and a stonkingly good sizzling beef in oyster sauce. All of these dishes were beautifully different with their individual spices and tasted epic! We had two very nice bottles of the house red (Monsoon Valley) - light and drinkable. The atmosphere in the olde worlde restaurant was warm, soothing and cosy - we had a lovely table up at the back, overlooking the little green area outside. So glad to have visited again and proved myself right that this has always been the best Thai around! Thank you for a lovely evening, My Thai.

2  Thank Debbie S

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We both love Thai food and so called into My Thai for lunch, where they offer two courses for £8.50 AND there is plenty of choice on the lunch menu. We were also surprised at the very reasonable drink prices. We had a bottle of Thai Shiraz Rose which was £17.95. There were cheaper!

I have to say we had a delicious meal with good service and will certainly be returning often.

They also do take away.

1  Thank magwii
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Our first night in Sandwich. One of the recommended resto's. It deserved the status. The food was lovely, well presented and prepared.

1  Thank NEIL A
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Rood the manager is the kindest nicest person! Always hospitable, helpful and friendly its a treat to go there and listen to him laugh bless him.

1  Thank Geoff D
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We really are spoilt for choice in Sandwich, and when I fancy a Thai, this is the place to go. Eaten here more times than I can count, often we take-away their excellent food.

1  Thank Stuart J

Been to My Thai? Share your experiences!