“The food in The Mermaid's Locker is superb!”
Review of Mermaids Locker

Mermaids Locker
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in Sandwich
Description: The Mermaids Locker Alehouse and Restaurant, located within a 13th Century hall house in the heart of Sandwich. Offering a variety of locally sourced cask ales, artisan ciders and craft spirits, alongside a freshly cooked and regularly changing menu which is supported by an extensive wine list. We host monthly events, including a supper club and live music - check our Facebook page for more detailed information. The Mermaid is also available for private bookings for intimate parties or small corporate events.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Really good interesting freshly cooked food, the owner-chef Gavin even cooked me a special meal knowing my allergies and aversion to fish and meat, which can make eating out a problem for me - but not in the Mermaud's Locker! Have to say I have only ever heard good things said about this place from the locals too! The building is interesting too as was built in the very early 17th Century and is full of character which also reflects the owners ! Pleasant relaxed atmosphere, a little intriguing too!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Located in one of the oldest buildings in the village and right next to the village Information Center and bus stop. Wish I could remember what we had, but we all went away happy. Met a local who told us all about the village. Quite delightful evening.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I've been to the Mermaids Locker on a number of occasions, and I've always enjoyed it here. The food is top-notch, and it's the only place in Sandwich where I can enjoy drinks that I wouldn't typically drink, such as the flavoured ciders (strongly recommend the Mango cider!!!). The staff and management are very friendly and always look after the customers, whether just drinking, or dining too.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I have lived in Sandwich for many years and had never tried this place before.

We came in for a quick drink with friends. Excellent selection of beers and ciders, very friendly service and a nice small patio garden to sit in.

Didn't get a chance to try the food but it looked and sounded amazing so will be back to try that for sure.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This place looks a little forlorn tucked away in a corner but, at least last Friday, inside it was a buzzing sociable den full of ephemera and nik-naks. We had fajitas and what a project they turned out to be, ample meat, lashings of vegetables and lovely garnishes as well. Perhaps all a bit too much. We had such a nice time, the whole buzz of the place was infectious. The service was prompt, attentive and cheerful and the bill very reasonable. That leaves me asking myself why I don't score this higher. Well, just because I save the top ranking score for the really exceptional and the Mermaids Locker is very good. We'll certainly return, hopefully frequently.