“Christmas Eve”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I was very happy to get a Booking here when other places were full for a Christmas Eve lunch especially in addition to the Sunday roasts they had a full Main menu on offer which is so unlike many other establismnets. The food and service was very good indeed with special mention to the cod mornay and steak and ale pie. Bountiful choice of vegetables as well which were cooked well and not overdone so we will definitly return as it will be our go to place to eat in Sandwich.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

A pleasant evening in family company in an olde worlde pub where the service was good , and overall the food generally appreciated.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely meal with my colleagues from work! Food was good from the Christmas menu and service was excellent!!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We have been to The King's Arms on several occasions and we generally have had an enjoyable experience. However this weekend we attended with a party of 11 people, two of which required wheelchair access. We had prebooked and told the staff numerous times that we would require wheelchair access. They had insisted that they would leave some traffic cones in the car park for us upon arrival and yet when we got there they had been moved and we had to park in the car park across the road from the restaurant. We were placed in 'Annie's Room' which would have been ideal if there hadn't been a step leading into the room and if the doorway had been wide enough for the wheelchairs. At first the staff were no help to us whatsoever and a party of 10 offered to swap tables with us otherwise the two people in the wheelchairs would have had to have left without their meal. Also it was drawn to our attention that there are no disabled toilets and so my cousin had to struggle yet again. The food however was lovely - I couldn't fault it and it certainly lived up to the usual high standards. It was just a shame that they could not accommodate our needs which we had outlined prior to our arrival

2  Thank meganpatfield
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

The Kings Arms is a family favourite of ours so was the perfect option to celebrate my sons birthday this past week. I love the feel of the place, always welcoming and friendly staff and there was a fire alight in the fireplace which makes the place feel nice and cosy. My son and I are fans of the chicken, ham and leek pie & his girlfriend ordered the sausage and mash. We were not disappointed, the food was delicious as always. I am sure we will be back soon!

Date of visit: November 2017