“Cosy and French”

No Name Shop Bistro
Ranked #28 of 56 Restaurants in Sandwich
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely little bistro. Really cosy, with friendly service and nice food. Great for lunch on a sunny day.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

A genuine French deli, lovely and tempting offerings - both food (cheese etc) and pottery. Although we did not have the time to have a meal, the menu was very enticing, authentic - using local ingredients - and very palate friendly. Our next visit to this most interesting town, a meal is a given.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Stopped by for a late lunch on a sunny Saturday. The upstairs was light, airy and comfortable. We have a good selection to order from ranging from baguettes to cooked meals. One cassoulet and one wild boar casserole later we were stuffed and imagining we were back in France again. Unfortunately we could not manage dessert but would certainly come again to this little gem in a pretty town. The downstairs shop with it’s wonderful array of French foods is not to be missed and a few French cheeses were purchased for lunch the next day. No Name should not be missed.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We visited the lovely town of Sandwich for lunch and decided to eat at the No Name Shop and Bistro.

The bistro is located across from the Guildhall.

The shop and restaurant were busy and felt a bit cramped. The restaurant is located up a flight of stairs and would be difficult to access if you were experiencing problems with mobility.

I love french food and bistro cooking which at is best is hard to beat. Unfortunately, this bistro is rather poor. Nevertheless, on the lunch time showing (it was full) they seem to be getting away with it.

We had a little wait before we were served and did not get to see one of the special menus before our order was taken.

I had a platter of 3 pates one of which was actually quite nice, but not sure it all needed to be covered in chopped olives or diced pepper. The pate came with par baked poor quality french baguette and what tasted like Branston Pickle which was a little disappointing . However, what was more disappointing is that the dish was ruined by rancid onions in the salad, the taste of which remained for the remainder of the afternoon.

My partner had a emmenthal and ham baguette which was ok.

Our waitress and staff were friendly, clearly very busy.

On today's experience I do not think we chose the best place in Sandwich to eat and unlikely to return in the future and would not recommend it to anyone visiting Sandwich.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I have popped into this shop many times for a taste of the continent, but only twice have I been upstairs to the bistro. On this visit I had a very delicious salmon burger. The bun was red, yes red, but was deliciously light, so I thought a strange choice but it had no detrimental effect on the dish! Unfortunately they were out of the dessert I wanted, but I had a very good creme brulee.