“What a real pleasant surprise”
Review of Charlie's Bistro

Charlie's Bistro
Ranked #17 of 58 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$7 - US$39
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My partner & I were looking for somewhere new & came across Charlie’s Bistro & wow, what a surprise. Great welcome, great service & amazing food.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Enjoyed a lovely dining experience. My starter of Scallops was perfection on a plate and main course of cod divine. My partner had a cracking main course of pork (excuse the pun!). A most enjoyable meal at a very reasonable price. Keep up the good work! We will be back.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Just had dinner with some friends and will definitely go back. We chose the tapas (half price on Thursday nights), the food was amazing: the potatas bravas, chorizo and onions, the calamari chips, the prawns tempora and much more. We then had a look at the dessert menu and chose the pear, ginger and caramel pudding, absolute delight! And to top it off, the team is very welcoming and friendly! such a great experience! Thank you so much for a lovely evening!

1  Thank Lydie P
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We called in here for our lunch and had a Groupon voucher which obviously meant that it was very good value. We discovered that they do a lunchtime menu which I believe was 2 courses for £12.95.

I started with moules which were delicious, my husband had camembert. We both chose the lamb shank which was very nice, beautifully cooked. We then couldn't resist the desserts and chose the sticky toffee pudding with dates in it. Yummy. Desserts were £5.95.

I have to say the service was excellent and friendly and we felt very welcome.

The restaurant is overlooking the river.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Good value and very nice indeed, good choices as well as the Carvery, nice setting, nice staff, we'll be going back soon.