All reviews roof terrace afternoon tea sea view super sunday jazz evening margate sands separate shower lovely hotel town view kippers high street old town small balcony turner gallery boutique hotel high standard overlooking the beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Sand Hotel is a lovely place to stay. The rooms are well designed. the beds are very comfortable, but the winning factor is the wonderful, professional and friendly Staff. This is my second time I have stayed and I would recommend the hotel to all my friends,

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had not been yo Margate for over50 years but was completely bowwled over by the Sands Hotel. It has been refurbished to a very high standard and the sevice was second to none. The dining was excellent and to the highest standard although a bit more fruit at the breakfast buffet woul not come amiss. Overall an excellent find and one I am happy to recommend

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked the Sands hotel after seeing the program of how it came to be!! Having been born in Margate and since moved away and my Mother who also lived there for many years, I thought it would be a lovely place to stay for our weekend of reliving our memories!! We were not disappointed !! The Sands lived up to our expectations in every way! From the moment we walked through the door we were treated by the Lovely Cherry and her staff! They couldn't have been more helpful!! We were shown to our classic sea view room on the third floor!! Wow wow it was a beautiful room spacious tastefully decorated comfortable and spotlessly clean!! The ensuite was amazing with just about the biggest bath I have ever seen (and yes I did have a very long leisurely soak in it which was heaven) a beautiful see view which was only exceeded by the view from the amazing roof top terrace!! Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice, I would definitely recommend the omelette it was yummy!! Plenty of toast and attentive but unobtrusive staff!! We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening as my Mother has a fairly plain pallet and we thought the menu not to her taste ! This however is not a criticism just not to her taste! But there are lots of nice places to eat close by and I would definitely recommend the Buoy and Oyster, we had the best fish and chips ever in there (a tad pricey at £15 pH) but worth every penny! To sum up the Sands hotel it's a gem in the heart of Margate opulent but unimposing the staff are all very efficient but human with it, very helpful nothing is too much trouble and we almost felt like part of a family!! We had a wonderful stay and will definitely be returning at some point! One word of warning parking can be a bit of a nightmare but again the staff were very helpful in suggest into places to park it's just a case of wether you can actually get a space!! I can imagine in peak season it's probably a total nightmare! But don't let this put you of this lovely hotel it's too good to miss!! Thank you Cherry and staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a 3rd floor room overlooking the sea and the room was lovely, the sound proofing was great and we couldn’t hear the sea gulls or traffic once the windows were closed.

Excellent bathroom with both a bath and shower and the only slight disappoint was that the king size bed was two singles pushed together.

Breakfast was excellent and, unless policy has changed from previous reviews, we had a rack of toast followed by a very tasty full English, whereas my partner thought her omelette was lovely.

The Sands is a great little hotel and ideally located for the sea front, town centre and the theatre. Next time we are in Margate we will return as I think it would be hard to beat.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Last minute meeting request for a Hotel in Margate. Superb Sands Hotel, great value for money as well. Will definitely book (in advance) another meeting as and when my company is in the area next. Thank you Emma for all your assistance in securing the meeting room with 30 minutes to spare. The attendees remarked upon the wonderful view they had within the meeting room over the beautiful bay.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business