All reviewshome from homecomfy bedlots of choicefull englishrooms are cleanlovely ladyevery morningmoment you arrivelarge tablefantastic breakfasta great stayrailway stationanyone wantingcooked breakfasttwin roomlong weekendbiscuits
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Needing somewhere to stay at short notice all the hotels were fully booked except one that wanted £180 for one night, I decided to try a guest house. We had never stayed in a guest house before so had no idea what to look for, or what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised with this one, a regular home from home run by a very lovely lady. The room was spotlessly clean very cosy and very comfortable with free wifi. The breakfast we had was a full English which was freshly cooked and very filling. A big plus for us is that it caters for allergy sufferers and my wife has a nut allergy. If we ever need to spend the night in Faversham again, this will be the first place I contact.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
maryjmackay, Owner at Gladstone House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thanks Danny. It was a pleasure having you both to stay. Hope to see you again before too long

Mary

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Last minute booking required for stopover after seeing Hamish Stuart Band at the excellent Alexander Centre in Faversham. Mary very helpful, and provided a superb breakfast, & company. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you both for your kind review. Hope you will be back to more concerts at the Alexander Centre very soon

Mary

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Such a warm welcome from owner Mary, who insisted in carrying my extremely heavy suitcase to my room. Lovely big room; the bed was sooo comfortable; everything I could possibly need during my stay was provided. Breakfast is served in the conservatory round a huge table. Don't know many places that would offer you smoked salmon for breakfast...yes please! I have been to Faversham many times researching my family tree, staying in various hotels/guest houses but I won't be staying anywhere else from now on. Mary makes you feel right at home, genuinely interested to hear how successful your day has been. And her garden! Such a lovely place to sit and chat on a warm evening. The location is perfect as just a few minutes from the station and a short walk to the medieval town centre.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Missing our morning chats Christine !!!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay. Mary, the owner of the guest house is an amazing, funny lady who made us feel so welcome. The bed was so comfy and the breakfast was really tasty. Thanks again for a great stay, we will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Not far from Rochester so there is no excuse !!

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Don't be put off by the exterior of this guesthouse. Stayed in two other more expensive places in Faversham when visiting family until we found this and will now never stay anywhere else. Mary who runs this place does so with a spirit of generosity I have rarely encountered elsewhere. For example when we stayed there was a German party who liked cheese for breakfast. Instead of a couple of cheeses, Mary provided an amazing selection without being asked. Breakfasts are truly fab in the sunny conservatory with a selection of anything you could possibly want. First place I've been that had my Lady Grey teabags! Cooked breakfast plentiful and perfect, home made bread selection, fruit purée .The whole place runs on trust, relaxed ambiance with lots of chat thrown in. Twin room had lovely roll top bath was very comfortable and quiet. No noise from the road. Felt so relaxed staying here. A real gem

Ce

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
maryjmackay, Owner at Gladstone House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

How very kind Cath ! Its was fun having YOU here. Its the lovely guests that make it such fun. Lady Grey awaits your return !