“Tasty food and lovely locals”
Review of Victuals & Co

Victuals & Co
Reserve with OpenTable
Victuals & Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$20 - US$52
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Victuals & Co, we seek out the best local ingredients, as well as a few gems from further afield. Our chefs cook them with passion and care to provide you with delicious and varied dishes. Our menu is small and changes frequently to reflect the seasons, and to maintain a consistently high quality and diversity. Our front of house team strives to deliver you the best experience, making your visit a relaxing and memorable one. If you love good food, an interesting environment and friendly knowledgeable staff please try us.
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice meal here lastnight, but I have to say it was the people and service that really made it stand out.
Definitely a must for anyone going to Deal.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Please be reassured that I do not want to appear ‘over the top’ or ‘unrealistic’ at any point during this review, yet I find myself questioning whether I’ve ever had a better meal out (other than the first time we went to this restaurant!). I’ll try to explain why this was/is the case having had lunch there with my wife and 9 month old daughter.

First things first, we were greeted by happy and friendly staff who were welcoming and remembered us. Added to that, everything from booking to paying was easy, nothing was a problem. The staff accommodated our every need, having a really good high chair ready for our daughter and seating us at a spacious table for 4, rather than squashing us onto a table for 2 (like other restaurants have) which ends up being a bit of a squeeze with all the extras that come with a baby!

I know it’s not necessarily integral, but the decor and furnishings are very cool! It’s different, and does a great job at standing out from all other places in Deal.

Now to the important part! The food. I had the mackerel to start, followed by steak, with the chocolate mousse for dessert. Each dish was exquisite. I never eat food slowly, but I genuinely savoured every bite for as long as possible because the flavours were unbelievably delicious. The 3 course meal had perfect portion sizes and it felt as though the menu had been crafted with thought and care. The staff also knew the menu inside out as they were able to make recommendations and give us more information when taking our order.

I thought I might be being a bit dramatic, but I know I’m not because my wife agrees with everything I’ve just said, and now wants a Victuals voucher for her Christmas present!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Great to see that so many positive reviews could not be wrong. We went for our anniversary on Sunday 28th and sat upside which was great as it was a little quieter and got to see the 1st floor as we'd always been on the ground before. Lovely to meet the new owners and staff who were attentive, chatty and friendly.

We enjoyed a superb 3 course meal with a good choice of wines to accompany. Having asked for my steak to be medium rare rare, it could not have been better done upon its arrival. Absolutely gorgeous to eat and the chips were just perfect to accompany. My fiancee's meal was second to none.

The whole experience made our anniversary that much special and I hope the restaurant continues to thrive. We're already looking to plan out next trip back.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Introduced to Victuals by my sister. Lovely atmosphere and my first introduction to Deal. Well presented great quality food at value for money prices. We will be back

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Reading ‘Golfdrivers’ review, a poor one amongst fantastic ones, I can only imagine he has a personal interest in ruining a local business. He won’t be laughing any longer as he had been made to look stupid with all the fabulous reviews that sit either side of it!
My colleagues and I strolled into Victuals this week, not starving but peckish. We asked if they did anything small...... unbeknown to us we had just walked into small plate heaven!

I love the concept of this restaurant that changed hands in May 18. I never rated Victuals with the previous owners but the new owners have impressed me beyond belief! Nowhere else in Deal offers this way of eating.

A choice of 9 small plates (starter size) You can choose between a minimum of 2 and up to 9 plates. There were three of us, and being the food lovers we are, we ordered all 9! The came 2-3 at a time, we all sampled each dish.....every single one being mouth wateringly delicious. The length between serving the next plates was spot on. Enough time to digest the first plates, sip your wine and chat to friends.

The service was also perfect.

I have re-booked for myself & husband for next weekend. I would rate this the best restaurant in Deal at present after my experience this week and I highly recommend it.

Enjoy!

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Victuals & Co? Share your experiences!