“Awesome Onion Rings ”

The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 111 Restaurants in Deal
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Burger Bros introduced gourmet American inspired burgers to Deal in 2012. Our restaurant & Bar on the seafront, based in The Clarendon Hotel (Opposite Deal Pier) is a place to come to enjoy great tasting food and drink within an informal, fun setting. All of our produce is made in-house and cooked fresh to order and we are always developing new and exciting menu ideas. Our beef comes from a smallholding near Canterbury and we only utilise one animal at a time, so there is no cross contamination of produce. When you order your food, you'll also have the chance to savour our eclectic range of craft beers, wines and cocktails. It is advised that you book at weekends. And you can also hire out our bar or restaurant area mid-week for celebrations and private parties.
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Delicious burgers, friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere. Also a great selection of beers for sale. Fantastic view of Deal Pier and the English Channel. Will definitely be returning soon.

DealWhistler, Owner at The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Thanks for coming down Dave G.

Glad you enjoyed the beers, the burgers and the onion rings!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Karl

There are newer reviews for The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

We were a group of 7 who went here on recommendation and I must admit that the food was very good. However, ..

The first thing was the prices. I thought they were high but when I realised it was only for the burger and that everything else had to be paid for I was surprised. For the first time in a long time I ordered by price and not by wish.

The thing that really hit was the wait for the food. We must have waited for more than 50 minutes and people who can in after us had had 2 courses, paid and left but at no point did the waiters even explain and/or apologise. This was very poor.

Would I goo back? Fort the food yes, for everything else no.

DealWhistler, Owner at The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Hi there, and thanks for taking the time to review us.

I'm sorry you didn't think we were good value for money. The thing is I do not compromise on good produce. Our key ingredient, the beef is from a small holding near Canterbury. The beef we use is exclusive to us because we know how the animals are fed, treated, slaughtered, aged and butchered.

All the other toppings etc on the burgers are also made in house and are not bought in and our buns are made exclusively for us too.

This does cost more, and whist we need to compete, I will not compromise on the quality of our produce in order to provide a cheaper and inferior product for my customers, which is what has kept us going these last 4 years.

But also in support of what we do we are comparative to most 'gourmet' style burger businesses which operate in the area.

Paying separately for sides is something we carefully considered. The sides we offer are a feature in themselves, and there are many different variations to choose from. In light of this we found it better to charge for them separately so that customers could tailor make their meal easier. That's all it is. Better choice. Easier to order. Some places throw in a bit of salad and fries on the burger to 'add value' - But please don't think this is not costed in.

We could do a 'package' price on fries, but we'd lose the choice that people want with their burgers, and is one the the reasons people come to us.

I'm sorry you waited 50 minutes. We were busy, and the food is cooked fresh to order. Wait times have improved vastly over the last few months, so I am surprised you had to wait this long. All I can do is apologise, as the front of house staff should have kept you informed along the way.

Thanks again for coming.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This place has amazing location and views of the beach. The staff are superb friendly and helpful. The menu focuses on Burgers - and they are amazing.

Then there is a great range of beers, lots of IPAs to try. A special place for a burger and beer. Also a great place to go with friends.

It was so good we went twice in our 6 day break in Deal.

DealWhistler, Owner at The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Thank you very much for your review of The Burger Bros. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed the food, the service and the drinks on offer.

To come twice in one week as well is more than what i do myself so all I can say is thank you!

Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We had tried Burger Brothers before when they were in The Deal Hoy and had a super burger and I gave a review on facebook stating that I would have loved to have seen macaroni cheese as a side order - we were in Deal on Saturday and saw that they have a super new location right on the seafront. Excellent decor and great choices on the menu - our Burgers were lovely, my partners onion rings were spectacular - but I was really disappointed by the Mac and Cheese. It was tepid and the cheese on top was not bubbling and crusty as it really should be, it tasted odd, perhaps because of the temperature - the lady who was waiting on the tables kindly got the kitchen to bung it in the microwave, it came back nice and hot - but still tasted odd - I felt it tasted like pickle juice had been put in the sauce (which was not creamy or cheesey, but insipid and strange). I asked the waiting staff what was in the sauce to make it taste so vinagary - I was told it was beer! I presume slops, by the taste!! I of course will be visiting again - but giving the Mac and cheese a wide wide berth - shame, as everything else was great!

1  Thank Mellas9
DealWhistler, Owner at The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Hi there, and thanks for reviewing us!

I've spoken to my head chef, and I am very sorry that your Mc & Cheese was below par.

You certainly have a right to complain and I can tell you now the mac and cheese should not be made with our beer sauce.

It should have been another mix of cheese, and the gratin should have been on top.

All I can do is apologise.

I can assure you this will be rectified immediately.

Thanks again for your review and your constructive feedback which is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I couldn't decide what I fancied most as everything sounded so good on the menu, so between myself and my partner we ordered a few dishes. They were all amazing!
I was really impressed with the decent portion size, and they were all delicious.
We had a lovely table with a gorgeous view across the sea.
The staff were all really friendly too.
It's a shame we don't live in Kent, but if we did we would be in there every week.
We will definitely be back!

DealWhistler, Owner at The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Hello and thank you for visiting The Burger Bros.

We are extremely pleased you chose to visit us, and we are equally pleased that you enjoyed your meal.

Great photos by the way!

If ever in Deal again, please pop by and see us again.

Warm regards,

Karl
Owner

Been to The Burger Brothers Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!