“Lovely fish and chips beside the seaside”

The Royal Hotel Quarterdeck Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 123 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I have visited the royal many times to enjoy the fish and chips,dining inside and out on the terrace,very friendly helpful staff,food arrived quickly and on one occasion the waiter informed us that there would be a likely delay as the kitchen was extremely busy,which I do appreciate we still ordered and had drink whilst waiting and taking in the views.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Called in on Sunday lunchtime for the first (and last) time. I ordered a 10oz steak with trimmings and my partner a Caesar Salad. After a 35 minute wait, someone asked if everything was okay, to which I said, it will be when the food comes! I was told that I'd ordered my steak well done, so it takes longer to cook. At this point, the alarm bells started ringing in my head.......and rightly so. After another 10 minutes, the food arrived.
The steak was black and had clearly been sacrificed. I couldn't cut it! The veg was cold and there were a few stalks of something on the plate, which I assume was the salad.
Now to my partners' Caesar salad. This came with bland tasting chicken with half a rasher of very fatty under-cooked bacon, oily tasting croutons and a grating of Parmesan. The rest was also just as appealing. When asked if everything was to our satisfaction and answering no, I was offered another steak. I had no desire to wait 45 minutes for another burnt offering, I declined and we left, £31 lighter and still hungry.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

We visited early evening midweek. The waitresses were very helpful and attentive. I do not mind dogs in restaurants but I am sure that the staff should not make so much fuss over them when serving food. We both had steak and ale pie with mash and savoy cabbage. Home made looking pie was good size with nice pastry and well filled. Some pieces of meat a little suspect but ale tasty. Unfortunately served with bland gravy. Enjoyed cabbage but both left most of lump of mash.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Excellent terrace on the seafront, good food and friendly service. I really wanted the whitebait, which was a starter and they were happy for me to have that for lunch while my husband had their excellent jerk chicken sandwich.
Good food and great place.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

The food was a little lacklustre this time, it's usually pretty good. A friend also found it lacking when she visited with a group. We will continue to visit and see what it's like next time. A bit hit and miss during the period we last visited. We tend to visit more in the autumn/winter months as go further afield during the summer for lunches out.

Been to The Royal Hotel Quarterdeck Restaurant? Share your experiences!