All reviews the pub channel view sea view guest house proper old fashioned pub great location on the sea front would recommend a visit dog friendly pub lovely lunch large bay window beautiful flowers sunny day big room friendly locals friendly bar staff chilli con carne great shower
Reviewed 26 March 2017

My partner choose here to stay as we were going to the Astor theatre.
Good points: very large sea view room, two double beds, free wifi, great shower, full length mirror and somewhere to sit to do make up. Room was very clean ( stairs leading up less so). Great location. Breakfast was good. Tea and coffee making facilities are adequate.
Not so good: cold and draughty ( old sash windows so inevitable really), and for me the noise. Noise from the pub up until 12.15 am , noise from outside, noise from upstairs and noise even from the macerating toilet.
If you can handle noise then all will be ok if you are a light sleeper somewhere else would be better.
The car park is around the corner and is for 2 hours only up to 5 pm. You can then pay £2..20 which give you up to 11 am the next day which fits in with check out times.

Room Tip: They have an annex a few doors down which i think would be quieter.
1  Thank ShariWestSussex
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a lovely, twin, sea view room. It was spotlessly clean, nice bathroom and comfy beds. The staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast excellent (had good vegetarian options). We would not hesitate to book again. Good value, decent mid range hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2017

The lady who checked us in was helpful showing us to our room and letting us know the breakfast arrangements. We arrived at lunchtime and went straight out. On arriving back we found no heating on and went along to the pub to mention this on our way out again. Gentleman came along with us to check this out and informed us that workers had been in and had probably switched it off due to being too hot. We accepted this as the case but for the rest of our stay the heating was never on again, when you pay for a service it should be there and you shouldn't have to keep chasing matters. Room was good size, big bathroom but some things were very tired, i.e. frayed towels and old pillows, not too mention huge cobweb over the bath, felt very cold obviously due to no heating. Staff friendly enough and a superb breakfast, one of the best we have ever had.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I first visited this lovely pub about 17 years ago and I have been back a number of times since then. It has a really nice, relaxed atmosphere and there are little twinkly red lights on the ceiling, which gives it a welcome feel. It is really clean and the menu is excellent. I had the fish pie and my husband had the chilli con carne, both of which were really tasty. The food is good value, it is nicely presented and the portion size is good. The pub has a lovely old world feel and it is cosy. I cannot rate this pub highly enough. I hope to go back again very soon and I would recommend it to anyone. The Guinness is great. I did not stay at the pub, so I cannot comment re accommodation.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Never eaten here before, will definitely be eating here again. The young man behind the bar was very friendly and nice. It was pie week so a pie with veg and selection of chips/potatoes and a drink for £10.
We chose a starter and for the main a pie and both were absolutely delicious. Definitely go here is your in Deal. Lovely pub even for a drink.