“Bring Ear Plugs”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl St. (Route 661)
Transit: May we suggest: www.granvillecarriage.com - a horse and carriage for hire service for the village of Granville or www.granvillebike.com-offering Half Day & Full Day Bike Rentals or Guided Tours- Locally Owned & Guided by Experienced Cyclists-Free Bike Delivery to the Granville Inn
Description: A historic English manor inn listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us tried to enjoy dinner last night in the Tavern Room by the fireplace. Unfortunately, since the remodel, this room is really a large bar. Given that it was a Saturday evening, it was packed and painfully noisy. I guess we should have expected the crowd but the constant hollering was something else. In fact a table of about ten dominated the room, tried to lead cheers ( not well received by most diners, judging by the looks shot their way), and literally hollered through dinner. This was at 5:30 so we just didn’t realize the noise potential when we chose to eat here. Even the server could not hear us as we tried to order. Talking to one another was nearly impossible. In fairness, the group of ten may have been the loudest but were not the only rowdies. Must be par for the course so be warned. We love fun, too, but this was just rude. Glad to get out of there.
In addition, I ordered the chicken salad which was good but was more like pecan salad since it had very little chicken, at least in my portion. And even my table mates exclaimed about how small that portion was! We eat out often but the Inn is now off our list, especially for dinner.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I love to sit in the bar area and have one of their fantastic burgers when I travel to Granville. They have a nice menu, and pretty full bar and a nice selection of wine. The facility is clean and friendly and usually packed with locals I’m assuming who are tied in with the university. My friend had the broccoli cheese soup and said it was delicious.

I can just envision sitting by the fireplace on a cold snowy day while sipping wine and enjoying the food. I intend to do just that someday this winter.

The Granville Inn is close enough to Columbus to make it an easy well traveled trip. If you are traveling to the area to pick out your Christmas tree be sure to stop by, warm up by the fire and enjoy the spirits and the food.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

My wife and I went here for our anniversary and we had a excellent experience. The waiter was great. Food was superb. Would go again. The place is a destination for sure, especially weddings. Walk around the grounds, it's a sight to see. I would say this place blows away the inn across the street, although that other inn had a cool basement bar. We just went for dinner, did not stay there.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We have visited the Granville Inn for lunch several times over the past few years, and while we have had very good meals with inspired salads and delicious sandwiches, we've had equally disappointing meals. On our most recent visit, at 11:30 on a Saturday, the service was deplorable. We were seated and waited 25 minutes to receive water. We waived down several waiters and were told ours was coming. After placing our order, we waited for 25 minutes. The waitress told us that we needed to be patient, even though there were only four other tables seated and no special parties. One of us finally went out front to find a manager who went to the kitchen to find our food. Then, of course, we couldn't find the waitress in order to pay our check. We will not return.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Judebi
Reviewed 25 October 2018

It pains me to write this because we love The Granville Inn and have been dining here for years. But our last two meals here have been disappointing, with the last visit downright awful.

We came early on a Sunday evening to celebrate my parent's 51st wedding anniversary. We dined outside on the patio, which is always lovely. We were excited to try the new sushi, which I was ordering as a main meal with extra for others to sample, while everybody else at the table was ordering off the regular menu. Our waitress suggested she place the sushi order first, as it can take awhile to prepare. We followed her advice thinking that would allow for all main courses to arrive more or less at the same time. Wrong. The sushi arrived in probably 10 minutes, much faster than we anticipated. It was delicious, though I'd prefer the rolls to be a bit smaller - they were on the big side for one bite. And this is where things went downhill....we waited 45 minutes for the rest of the food. When the waitress finally reappeared, no food, instead it was to tell my husband that they'd run out of burgers so did he want to order something else instead? Needless to say it took another 25 minutes after that for the meals to finally come out. No explanation, no apology, no acknowledgement that the timing was horrific. When the waitress asked if we wanted a complimentary dessert for my parent's anniversary we responded no, that the meal had gone on long enough, and asked if something was wrong in the kitchen. She responded that they were short staffed, but again, no apology, no acknowledgement that dinner shouldn't have taken more than two hours.

Funny thing is, the food was good. But the failure on the service, and the failure to recognize that and address that with us accordingly (package up the "free" dessert to go and give it to us? Comp the glass of wine we had with dinner? SOMETHING???) would have gone a long way towards making it better.

Date of visit: October 2018