“Will be back”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Came for a feed. Was fully booked. Had beers instead. Great.

Service fine, beers and ciders well kept. Hosts funny and engaged with the clientele. I like this place.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Out of the way. Excellent ale. Service very good. Above average food. Well worth a visit. Will return to this Pub.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

went for dinner with friends thought the food portions were small, but as the quality of the ingredients were very good, we did not feel hungry at all.
The food was well presented and well cooked.
The staff were very pleasant as were the surroundings, a lovely evening was had by all.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

A nice pub on the edge of the village of Kilndown, had a good lunch and the local ale was kept perfectly. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We stopped in at the Globe and Rainbow for a spontanious Sunday lunch out. I was welcomed by the friendly bartender, but when I asked to see a menu, the visit started going downhill. "have you booked?" asked the nervous manager. When I said we hadn't there was a lot of hemming and hawing about if they could fit us in or not, and he finally decided we could eat if we "hurried up and ordered because they were expecting more people" (it was after 1:00 and there were maybe two tables occupied inside and a few outside). The manager hovered around me while I waited to order my drinks at the bar like he was trying to hustle me to our table to order. After looking over the menu (set, £23 for two courses) we decided we didn't want to be rushed if we were going to spend that much on lunch and there was no children's menu for our son either. We tried to order just a bowl of chips to tide us over with our drinks, but we were told by the indifferent waitress that there were only enough for people ordering from the menu. We finished our drinks quickly and left. If you are looking for a really special meal, go to The Curlew. If you want a friendly gastropub, try the Milk House or The Bell. For a nice family pub, the Castle Inn in Bodiam is the best. If you don't want customers showing up unannounced at your pub, don't put a sign on the A21!

2  Thank AggieWilliams25