“Wonderful flavours with great variety and sound cooking skills”
Review of West House

West House
Reserve with TopTable
West House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Biddenden
Price range: US$86 - US$86
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Headcorn.
Reviewed 18 January 2018

An enjoyable lunch savouring the tasting menu and appreciating the great variety of flavours and diffrerent cooking skills that have earned them the Michelin star. The cured foie gras with the duck parfait and the venison were especially good. Thoroughly recommmed.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We’ve been to the West House a dozen times is so over the years and its always been excellent. Sometimes it’s a bit quiet but the foods always clever and really enjoyable and the staff always friendly and professional.

On Friday we decided to go for the six course tasting menu in order to try a couple of things that perhaps looked a bit too adventurous for our catholic tastes, if we had chosen them from the normal menu.

Well……… I think it was the best meal we ever had at the West House. The place was full so there was a nice buzz in the restaurant and the log burner not only provided warmth but a cheery glow to the place.

Every plate of food was a delight, not huge, but perfectly formed and just the right quantity so we did not feel too full at the end. I especially liked the “Haddock” with quail’s egg and bacon, the “Taco”, even though I’d normally avoid foie gras. The venison, again something I’d not normally select, was one of the nicest bits of melt in the mouth meat I’ve eaten; full of flavour and not too gamey.

I felt that £60 (without the wine) was a bargain, bearing in mind the work involved, quality and the varied ingredients.

As it was my turn not to drive, I also chose to have the 5 accompanying wines at £35. Fortunately, these were not large glasses or I’d have not made it to the desert, but they were a reasonable size and all very interesting. I tend to prefer whites, but found the Evolution Red, 6th Edition from Oregon really good as was the sweet red Banyuls Rimage 2014 desert wine, which went well with both deserts.

A great meal, one of the best.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We went on a January evening having heard good reviews for a few years. It is a small disappointment that there is no bar area to enjoy a pre dinner drink looking at the menu but the nibbles provided were very nice. My starter was extremely small more like a dish from a 6 or 7 course taster menu. I had the venison main course which was very good and they swapped the swede for cauliflower at my request, the size of the main course was more like you would expect. The pineapple desert was ok but needed more ginger and chilli the rice base was not pleasant, something like a granola would suit the dish better. The wine list and drinks menu is also expensive compared to similar restaurants in the area. Not a great meal but not a bad one either but for this sort of money there are better places in the area.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Just wow ! I cannot recommend this restaurant enough the taster menu was the best we've ever had. Every dish was perfectly executed and i didn't want it to end from start to finish everything was perfect , beautiful homemade breads and butter and pork dripping and olives out of this world . Great service subtle and attentive this restaurant has it all and we cannot wait to go again .

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Four of us went to The West House for a birthday meal and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Three of the party had the tasting menu, I had the veggie tasting menu. Everyone was extremely pleased with the food. Food looked good, tasted great and was a sensible size, given that there were 6 courses. I took the wine pairing option and was impressed. The service was efficient and professional, not intrusive but informative when presenting each dish. For a Michelin starred restaurant the cost was reasonable too. Well worth a visit.