1,116 results
All reviews secret escapes steam room lake view bottle of prosecco isle of wight relaxation room included ferry full body massage changing rooms on arrival set menu evening meal lamb ferry crossing lovely hotel relaxing break night break
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Stayed for a couple of nights. Although a nice hotel it felt a bit soulless.

Decent enough room overlooking the lake, caught the sun in the morning which was a nice start to the day. Reasonable spa facilities but could do with more than just 3 loungers by the pool.

Sunday evening meal was a disappointment. Main choices were limited to 3 types of roast and 1 fish - rather smacked of lunch left-overs and not what you'd expect from a 4 star hotel.

Would recommend it if you only want to use it s a base.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms offer the best view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Just had 3 nights there and left feeling refreshed.Bottle of Prosecco in our room which we had with our evening meal. The Spa treatment included in the package was very good.
Staff suggested places to visit and were so helpful.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OswestryJulie
Reviewed 5 April 2017

I had just taken my elderly mother to Lakeside, droped her off at reception and proceed to walk my dog up to the shops on the main high street whilst she was having her treatments. I was only a few yards away from my car when a tall scruffy man came stomping over and shouted "what do you think you are doing!" i started to explain my plans but kept abruptly interrupting whilst waving his finger at me. He shouted cant you read? again i tried to explain i didnt see the SMALL sign at the top of the drive (hidden behind a bush) but again he became abusive telling me "I maintain these gardens and people like you come here and mess it up for everyone else"
This had me completely stunned that a member of staff could treat someone with such disrespect, using appalling, abusive language.
I sincerely hope that he is does not represent the Lakeside Hotel group as a whole.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank emily-dou011
Reviewed 5 April 2017

I have just stayed here with my 2 children. The hotel is modern and clean and the food is fairly good. However, they do not seem keen to have families stay. Children have very restricted access to the swimming pool - 8.30-10 am and 4.30-6.30pm. Both times clash with meal times. We didn't feel very welcome when we went to the pool and were told off for jumping in!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 1972claire
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked the secret escapes deal for this hotel, which was two nights, breakfast, dinner one night and a spa treatment each. We paid extra for a lake view, as it's that or the car park! The room was really lovely, beautiful bathroom and big comfortable bed. The breakfast was yummy and staff pleasant. But that's about it.
My boyfriends fish and chips in the restaurant were bland and my pumpkin tortellini was way too thick with hardly any pumpkin. The spa was tiny, if I had booked a spa day there I'd be disappointed. Tiny sauna and hot tub and no music at all (or in the restaurant for that matter) making it feel very awkward with other guests. The water fountain was old and rusty, there were just so many things that they could improve. We went for our half hour massages at 4, arrived early and were shown to a relaxation room to fill in health forms. We weren't called in until about 7 minutes past and I was out before half 4... go figure. The massage was erratic, like the massage therapist couldn't decide where to massage, very unrelaxing. Also way too much oil, don't bother with the spa!
Overall our stay was just ok, was a good base for IOW but we wouldn't return.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple