“The best in Leominster”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We have eaten in the restuarant at Farzanas's twice and had a take away twice.
We find it is by far the best Indian restuarant in Leominster.
The service is excellent, attentive but not in your face. The decor is clean, crisp and modern. It is a cut above many Indian resturants in this respect.
There are a very good range of dishes to choose from. I don't think you will be dissapointed with the quality of the food. The only down side is they do not have draught beer, but do have a range of bottled beers.
We would highly recommend you give this restuarant a try
Jayne and Derek Richards

4  Thank metalderek

Reviewed 21 October 2011

The service is excellent and attentive, the deco pleasant and very clean. A good menu and less emphasis on those usual heavy sauces full of ghee which produce indigestion. Here the signature dishes are more vegetable or in some cases fruit based. My favourite is the king prawns on top of a spinach, mushroom & potato mix!

6  Thank Diaem
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My husband and I went there on a Saturday evening to try it out. We have eaten at the other 3 Indian restaurants in Leominster - it does surprise me that such a small town can support so many Indian restaurants. The decor is striking but imho a bit minimalist. I feel it would benefit from something on the larger walls to break them up a bit.

The menu choices were excellent and there were a range of dishes which are not often seen on menus in Indian restaurants. Prices were average. Service was faultless - attentive but not intrusive. The food was nicely presented and tasty with "discernable" spices.

We will return

5  Thank titli_nihaan
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I wanted to write this first review as I think this new restaurant deserves a mention and a recommendation. My wife and I have tried it twice now and, though there is nothing particularly bad about the other two Indian restaurants in Leominster (The Shabagh and The Jalabad), Farzana’s brings a fresh approach. The décor is modern and quite striking and the menu contained dishes not normally found elsewhere, however they do all the old favourites as well . We both agreed that the curries we had from the ‘new’ unfamiliar choices were lighter and fresher than most. You could actually identify the ingredients rather than just a mass of sauce with ‘something’ in it. The prices for food and wine was reasonable, nothing out of the ordinary. However, it’s a shame they do not serve draught beers, a little ironic as the restaurant was previously a pub. Like most Indian restaurants they charge too much for bottled beer, two small bottles (a pint’ish) nearly £5. Service, as is usual in Indian restaurants, was very good. We hope they succeed as it has become our preferred choice and with Leominster not exactly being blessed with good dining options we could do with something a ‘cut above’ the rest.

7  Thank johnybones