“Left as staff ignored us”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #76 of 177 Restaurants in Hemel Hempstead
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing visit for my husband's birthday breakfast. Had booked a table and were seated on arrival. We were then ignored despite the restaurant being virtually empty. We left after 15 minutes and had a great breakfast at Chiquitos, with very quick service.

1  Thank onlyonepony

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I made a family booking just before we went to the Cinema. We were shown to our ( Badly torn seats ) by the waiter. But the waiters uniform looked as though it had been used to eat a meal from it. ( covered in stains ) the menus arrived. Only to find this had changed to a poor selection.
WE managed to find something to start with. The sharing platter! ( wish we hadn't) a sharing platter for 4. No side plates. No cutlery. Food was very poor quality.... asked waiter if chief had changed? Only to be told..... They didn't have one! The managers were cooking the food. All chiefs had left either before Christmas or just after. And they haven't been able to replace them.
Overall was looking forward to nice meal and got nothing.
Went to eat at next door Italian. ( highly recommend)
At least the Cinema didn't let us down.

1  Thank jack o
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t been to this chain for years, tried it as daughters suggested it, but the brand has clearly changed since my last visit in Stoke which was good from memory. The whole experience has been cheapened and I guess taken down market to talk to a different audience. Nasty garish menus, reminding me of seaside restaurants not an Italian restaurant. Then the food all arrived at high speed as if it’s a drive through mcdonalds. Main course delivered as starters were cleared and clearly had been sitting under heat lamps. Food, I’m sorry to have to say, was just like your friends first bbq or that seaside cafe. I realised I should not have gone in at all; the owners have clearly decided to go fast, cheap, simple. But it’s not value for money on any level.

1  Thank friendsjf
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I came here with my friend and we had to leave before even having our food because the service was so bad. We ordered olives and spring rolls for starters and they said it would only take 5 minutes at the maximum but the spring rolls came after about 20 minutes and the olives came AFTER. We saw the olives just sitting on the side on the counter for ages and we’re starting to get quite frustrated. Our mains took even longer to come but we just got so fed up of waiting that we just left. We had told the waiter that we had a movie to get to but this made no difference. I usually love coming to frankie and benny’s but this time I was highly disappointed

1  Thank EAB_78
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I have been a few time in this new york and italian style reastaurant. The atmosphere is good, but you have to wait a lot for the food. The pizza and pasta very delicious, but the burgers are horrible, taste definitely like frozen.