All reviews apsley station sausage beans calzone apsley lock canal side train station car park harry potter the grand union canal hi express nice pub included in the price pub next door pub restaurant the sofa bed free parking
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Clean tidy and reasonable price. Charlene on Reception couldn't do enough to help in setting up my room for 2 young children. Breakfast was ideal...plenty to choose from. Only downside is family rooms are on the small side...no room to move with sofa bed and travel cot set up

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
DGM202, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear SydneyKelly28,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us.
It is a pleasure to read that you had an excellent stay with us, and that Charlene stood out for you. I will pass on your lovely comments to her, and ensure she gets rewarded for her efforts. However, I am disappointed to read that you found the bedroom too small for your family. We do hope this hasn't deterred you from staying with us in the future.
Kind Regards,
Louise Drummond - Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Good quality service and clean rooms. Easy to reach by car and in a quiet location. Breakfast with standard choice included. The only minus are the noises of slamming doors coming from the corridor and early morning noises coming from the laundry on the top floor.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GMHemel, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear E W,

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel, I am pleased to read that you found our rooms clean and good service.

I do hope we can welcome you into our hotel again soon

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Friendly welcome with additional effort taken to allow early entry into room. Clean and comfortable. It would have been useful to have known that dining not available in hotel the evening we stayed, but good options to eat within easy walking distance. Stayed in connection with visit to Harry Potter Studio

Trip type: Travelled with family
GMHemel, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear dkvl,

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel, I am very pleased to read that you had a friendly welcome. Our staff do always try to go above and beyond for our guests.

I do hope we can welcome you into our hotel again soon

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Very easy to reach from the north, close to Harry Potter World and motorways. Car park is located behind the hotel and free. Clean, quiet, pleasant rooms and good breakfast selection. Only problem was getting food outside the hotel within walking distance, everywhere was fully booked. Several local restaurants, all good would definitely prebook next time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
GMHemel, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Amanda D,

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel, I am pleased to read that you found our rooms clean and pleasant.

I do hope we can welcome you into our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

This was a perfect location for us visiting Harry Potter world this afternoon. Was approximately a 10minute journey.
Plenty of parking if you get there early, noticed when we went out for tea at about 4 it was getting pretty full from people probably coming home.
There was a Sainsburys within walking distance and a few options of places to eat around the corner. I'd highly recommend the calzone pizza place.
The room itself was great and had free WiFi which is a nice bonus. We seemed to get a disabled room so we had quite a lot of space and a wet room.
We only received one set of towels though which would of been an issue if we'd needed them.
We went to the bar in the evening for a drink after finding the local pub had a quiz on. 2 ciders cost me £11.30! Which having stayed in Travelodge last week and the same round costing me £7.95 seemed like a rip off.
Breakfast was lovely with a good selection of hot and cold options for food and drink.
Although same as another traveller has mentioned a lot of the cutlery was dirty and some of the plates had sauce on.
All and all its quite a nice modern place to stay.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Duty M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Jen27J, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead. I'm pleased to hear you found our location perfect for your needs. It's great that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary WiFi and that you enjoyed our inclusive buffet breakfast. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, I assure you I will look into this to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope you choose to stay here with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards Tayla Johnson