All reviews health club national holidays swimming pool steam room stayed here leisure facilities trouser press evening meal harry potter studios coach trip executive room reception staff petrol station good size the sofa bed sunday morning an iron
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here many times. The rooms are comfortable and cosy, but the food isn’t the best. I do like the food, as the deserts are great and most of the other food is too, but the pizzas are quite small. Also the roast dinner hardly ever has Yorkshire puddings. Just meat and potatoes. Apart from that, this hotel is great. I also visit the pool a lot and it is cheap and lovely. There is never to many people there and they have a sauna, jacuzzi and a steam room. It’s also great for kids as they do swimming lessons and fun activities up there like water aerobics at certain times. I would recommend visiting the pool and gym for fun and to get fit.

Stayed: October 2018
KrystalB424, Hotel PA at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind feedback with regards to your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead.

Kindest regards

Ian Rees,

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Had a quick overnight stay for business purposes with no opportunity to dine in the hotel. Hotel is huge and rooms probably just reaching the stage that they need refurbished. Staff very pleasant at reception and check-in and out very easy. Car Park busy but secure with lots of CCTV in evidence. Great value for a Hotel so close to the M25.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Kindest regards

Ian Rees, General Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Reception and bar staff is the friendliest I've come across!

It's in an ideal location, food is good and there's an M&S a few steps away if you fancy something different.

Rooms are probably due a refurb but you can't beat a Holiday Inn bed, regardless.

This is my 'go to' chain!

Prices vary wildly as they have a huge number of corporate clients but if you can get it at a good price, don't hesitate.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Forrester42
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments further to your recent stay with us.
Its great to learn that you enjoyed a fabulous stay and found the hotel team so friendly, it really is the people who make the difference.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Visiting family in local area and stopped here numerous time and always excellent, we stopped for one night, Saturday 1st September and booked 2 executive rooms. Check in was very easy, enquired about my brother and his wife joining us for breakfast the next morning as they live 10 minutes away and was advised if we prebooked the cost was only £18, perfect as the breakfast here is excellent. Very comfortable rooms, went for early swim and jacuzzi on Sunday morning towels are provided as well as a spin drier for our swimwear is an added bonus. Went downstairs to meet my brother and his wife for breakfast and again was not disappointed with the choices and quality. All staff are very attentive and lovely to chat to, makes staying here a pleasure thank you.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear deb8407
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback further to your stay with us last weekend.
Delighted to read your comments and to learn of your enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 3am, really exhausted after all day travelling from South France.
No recognition for Platinum Ambassador
No upgrade. Even though hotel half empty
My profile preferences state “high floor” and we got room on ground floor.
Standard room - old & looking tired, it even smells old, stains on walls.
Avoid.
No value for money, for nearly £100 you have better choices around
In room breakfast was fine and bed too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear AshkenaziTDM
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback further to your recent stay with us.
At the outset please accept my apologies in our failing to recognise your status as an IHG Rewards member.
Frequently we are unable to offer upgrades to our guests due to availability and also in line with the duration of their stay, however in order for me to understand this situation fully I would appreciate if you could advise me of the dates of your stay to enable me to investigate accordingly, please contact me directly at GM@HIHemelHempstead.com.
My apologies again and thank you for your comments.
Yours sincerely