“Pathetic excuse of a hotel.”

Hangar Hotel Hatfield
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hatfield
Hangar Hotel Hatfield
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Reviewed 5 February 2016

I booked a room last year December and I was completely shocked with state of room after checking in, the entire room needed redecorating, I went back to reception and asked for different room. The receptionist relocated to a different room, when went back up i found out my key card wasn't working. Went back down stairs to get my key card sorted. Then back again only to find out the relocated room was smaller with two single beds, I paid for room with a king size bed. So I made my way back down again at this point my patience was running thin. The receptionist relocated me again, I made my way back upstairs again for the seventh time only to be disappointed again with the room their was chipping on the wall, the bed had traumatising stains, a tile was missing in the bathroom, the bathroom sink had brown stains, bathroom lights were barely on, the shower head was infested with limescale. I went back to the reception I asked for a full refund. I'm staying well clear of this dump.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Kelly M, Manager at Hangar Hotel Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear Jacob H,

Thank you for your review and apologies for the minor delay in responding to you, I have been on annual leave. I am sorry to hear that your experience at our hotel did not live up to your expectations and I will look to address the issues you have highlighted as a matter of priority. If you wish to speak about your stay in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly on hotel.hatfield@davidlloyd.co.uk.
I apologise once again for the problems you encountered during your stay and do hope you will give our hotel a second chance to serve you better in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I stayed last summer at this hotel. The first room allocated had no air conditioning, yet the (huge) windows were facing west and so the room was like a sauna.
I asked for a room change and was moved without problem to another room, same layout.
Paint was damaged on walls, bathroom was not very clean, chipped and stained tiles - in fact whole place needed re-decorating.
Then there was the noise both in the evening and also very early in the morning when delivery vehicles arrived without any consideration for residents.
Final insult was that there was no hot water the following morning.
I made a complaint to the receptionist, I even wrote down my problems but did not receive an apology.
If you are staying in Hatfield on Business then fins somewhere else!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Kelly M, Manager at Hangar Hotel Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Dear Jim V,

Thank you for submitting your review. Feedback, both positive and negative, is always welcomed and will help us improve our offering for future guests. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I only took over as hotel manager at the end of December, so unfortunately I am unable to comment on the problems or the poor service you received during your stay over the summer. I can only apologise that your stay was not to your satisfaction and hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in the area.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to The Hangar Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Recently stayed here when on business nearby. The hotel is part of a David Lloyd complex and the checkin is the gym reception desk.
Whilst there is nothing massively wrong with this hotel, it's not really a hotel.
The room was a very generous size and bed was ok. The chair at the desk in room was ridiculously uncomfortable!
We had taken clients out for the evening and arrived back late and upon ringing the bell to gain entry the night porter was no where to be seen. Eventually managed to find an open fire exit to allow us up and into our rooms!
I doubt I'd stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Kelly M, Manager at Hangar Hotel Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Dear Picks80,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel in October. I have just taken over as the hotel manager so I'm sure you can appreciate that traveller feedback is vital to our improvement in the future. It's a shame to hear that the hotel did not live up to your expectations and I will be taking steps to address these issues as soon as possible, particularly in regards to the room amenities and the problem with the night porter.

I hope you will reconsider your decision to stay with us again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back to an improved hotel in 2016.

Thank you again for taking the time to submit your feedback and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

I had read everyone's review about this hotel and was dreading staying here, however I found no fault in this hotel. The room was tidy, clean and nicely decorated. I had a good night sleep and would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2015

Clean, comfortable, quiet room with all I needed. The restaurant/cafe was noisy with the children of the health centre running around, but staff competent, polite and efficient. Can't comment on value because bill was taken care of by host but I couldn't have had a more comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
2.2 km away
7.5 km away
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Hangar Hotel Hatfield? Share your experiences!