See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2015

Clean, comfortable, quiet room with all I needed. The restaurant/cafe was noisy with the children of the health centre running around, but staff competent, polite and efficient. Can't comment on value because bill was taken care of by host but I couldn't have had a more comfortable stay.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2015

Stayed here with my wife as we were attending a birthday function also in The Hanger. The obvious plus was to walk downstairs in a minute or so to attend the function and only have the return journey at the end of the evening (or early morning as it happens). I have to say though, that the room we were staying in was rather tired looking, with decor, fixtures and fittings, somewhat past their best. Although the bed and shower was fine. Also the public areas, halls, stairwells etc need redecorated. For £60 a room expect something a little smarter. I would say that the only reason to stay here is, as we were, you were attending a function in The Hanger, otherwise I would look elsewhere. One night was OK, and served a purpose, but this hotel has little else going for it.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank johnscot55
Reviewed 9 April 2015

This is a budget hotel within a David Lloyd Centre. The public area to the rooms is in a very poor state and needs a good lick of paint as a minimum. The rooms are clearly quite tired too with cupboards etc clearly needing replacing. The room was clean but the bathroom in particular was very dark and the bath seemed very small. The sports facilities all seemed good quality and the staff were all very helpful and charming. Food was pretty good and varied although the breakfast voucher seems poor value. A few thoughts for management:

i) why not let customers check in early if rooms are ready. It is hard to believe all 20 rooms miraculously become available at 2pm

ii) give customers a temporary pass to the sports club so that they do not have to keep on asking to be buzzed through

iii) tell customers before booking that they are unable to book sports facilities until arrival
OR
iv) change that rule

v) provide extra lighting in the bathroom

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Joel M
Reviewed 12 February 2015

If you want to feel ripped off, stay here. Tired stairway with patched paint work, knackered doorways, shower rail coming off the wall,and a dirty bedroom. There was even a sign above the bed lamp apologising it was broken, and a huge patch over where someone must have pulled it out of the wall - in frustration. Bed was very soft and had an awful sleep as a result. And to top it off, having paid the grand sum of £90 for two hours of sleep, I was told breakfast would be extra.

I have never ever left a review for a hotel before - just goes to show how ripped off and angry I felt.

Room tip: Go to Travelodge or Premier Inn - cheaper and you'll get a better night's sleep
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Santa E
Reviewed 3 February 2015

Stay at this hotel often due to work (not by choice) and everytime I stay here it gets worse.

Today, my room has... Broken tv remote, ironing board with no iron, air con that's not working (and would be useful as room is freezing) and I to make the bed as the art of tucking in a sheet hasn't been learnt. The food is passable, but tonight I did have to ask for cutlery to actually eat my meal with.

If I had a choice I wouldn't stay here and whole heartedly recommend staying somewhere else whilst in Hatfield

Date of stay: February 2015