“Over-priced tired hotel - not a wink of sleep”

Hangar Hotel Hatfield
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hatfield
Hangar Hotel Hatfield
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Reviewed 12 February 2015

If you want to feel ripped off, stay here. Tired stairway with patched paint work, knackered doorways, shower rail coming off the wall,and a dirty bedroom. There was even a sign above the bed lamp apologising it was broken, and a huge patch over where someone must have pulled it out of the wall - in frustration. Bed was very soft and had an awful sleep as a result. And to top it off, having paid the grand sum of £90 for two hours of sleep, I was told breakfast would be extra.

I have never ever left a review for a hotel before - just goes to show how ripped off and angry I felt.

Room Tip: Go to Travelodge or Premier Inn - cheaper and you'll get a better night's sleep
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank Santa E

Reviewed 3 February 2015

Stay at this hotel often due to work (not by choice) and everytime I stay here it gets worse.

Today, my room has... Broken tv remote, ironing board with no iron, air con that's not working (and would be useful as room is freezing) and I to make the bed as the art of tucking in a sheet hasn't been learnt. The food is passable, but tonight I did have to ask for cutlery to actually eat my meal with.

If I had a choice I wouldn't stay here and whole heartedly recommend staying somewhere else whilst in Hatfield

• Stayed: February 2015
4  Thank Walkinmoo
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I've stayed over a dozen times at this hotel in the last few months. It is a quirky place. Built in an old aircraft hanger, it has at least history behind it. But this isn't really a hotel. It is a David Lloyd gym and the rooms are very much an afterthought.

The receptionists are always very polite, though the bar staff usually less so. Each room (and I stayed in most!) has its own little problems. Some will have showers that will fly around when you turn them on, shower partitions that open at will, curtains that don't close, etc. etc. The reception do response to feedback and do fix things where possible, so credit where credit is due, but it became a running joke to discuss what was wrong with the rooms with colleagues over dinner.

The room temperatures are freezing in winter and boiling in summer and the air conditioning unit takes an age to heat/cool the room to a level that is comfortable.

Dinner and breakfast are had in the gym's restaurant/bar area which is often noisy and filled with kids and people walking through to the gym. The food is noteworthy in that it was almost always gorgeous.

All in all I wouldn't choose to stay here. The hotel is an afterthought and you definitely feel that when you are there.

Room Tip: Rooms one and two are smaller than the others but due to the lay out are better temperature controll...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank coleben
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have really mixed feelings about this property:
Pro:
* right across the street from my customer
* excellent leisure center
* good food & drink
* pleasant staff
* free parking in a large lot
* the historical ambiance (the building and the pictures in the corridor)
Con:
* lighting in the room was inadequate
* the somewhat creepy feeling of walking down a dark hallway to the room and the motion sensors detect your presence & turn on the lights...sort of slowly
* relative to the public areas, the rooms felt a bit sterile (but clean)
So I would stay again mainly for the convenience but the rooms are nothing exciting

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank 6_Million_Mile_Flier
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Easter, the gym was Excellent I must say the bar staff also very helpful and the food was excellent, However when I stayed there I stayed in a room called the penthouse about 2 o'clock in the morning I felt a pain in my back it felt like a woman was scratching my back, I complained to the reception and asked them if they had ever had this complaint before they said no and I was truly shocked and horrified by this experience, Beware do not stay at the penthouse at your own risk.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank JoeStevenson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
2.2 km away
7.5 km away
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Hangar Hotel Hatfield? Share your experiences!