Free cancellation until 28/07
Holly Close(Hatfield)
Priceline
Hatfield Suites(Hatfield)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have really mixed feelings about this property:
Pro:
* right across the street from my customer
* excellent leisure center
* good food & drink
* pleasant staff
* free parking in a large lot
* the historical ambiance (the building and the pictures in the corridor)
Con:
* lighting in the room was inadequate
* the somewhat creepy feeling of walking down a dark hallway to the room and the motion sensors detect your presence & turn on the lights...sort of slowly
* relative to the public areas, the rooms felt a bit sterile (but clean)
So I would stay again mainly for the convenience but the rooms are nothing exciting

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank 6_Million_Mile_Flier
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Easter, the gym was Excellent I must say the bar staff also very helpful and the food was excellent, However when I stayed there I stayed in a room called the penthouse about 2 o'clock in the morning I felt a pain in my back it felt like a woman was scratching my back, I complained to the reception and asked them if they had ever had this complaint before they said no and I was truly shocked and horrified by this experience, Beware do not stay at the penthouse at your own risk.

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank JoeStevenson
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My poor rating is based mainly on the actual standard of the bedroom that I stayed in.

There are good points about the Hangar -

The staff - I found to be really welcoming and professional, especially Georgia in the bar / restaurant, and the receptionist who checked me in on arrival (Admittedly, they were the only 2 people that I had contact with, but they gave a great impression)

Lots of stuff in the room - great air conditioning, a hairdryer, an iron and board, trouser press, tea and coffe etc,

The gym is also very good.

The not so great -

The decor, furniture and cleanliness of the room that I stayed in (4, I think) left a very great deal to be desired, and I felt that it was below par on a number of levels. The furniture was very tatty dated and battered, the carpet was stained and dirty, the bathroom wouldn't have been out of place in a prison.

Also, although I am not disabled, this was supposed to be a disabled room. If I was in a wheelchair, I would not have been able to open or close my curtains as the cord that is supposed to let you do this is broken, and the curtains would have been out of reach as the window is high up - nor would I have been able to turn on the lamp in the corner of the room, as it was unplugged, with the plug again, out of reach in the corner. As it was, I didn't want to plug it in, because the socket under the desk that was the only one it would reach to was hanging off the wall. And re. the bathroom comment above - yes it needs to be adapted because it's a disabled room, but that doesn't mean it should be nasty!

The food was a fairly neutral point - pretty edible, but the curry that I ordered was obviously a microwave meal. Not especially expensive, but just boring and uninspiring microwave and deep fat fryer fare. (And mostly pretty unhealthy, given that this is a restaurant in a Gym, although there were options for omelette and salad)

There is no room service.

A shame, because it could be nice here, if someone spent some money on it, but there are nicer places to stay very nearby, at a comparable cost.

Room Tip: Not the disabled room (4 I think) Can't say about any of the others - they may be much better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank sonofcod
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I was booked into this hotel by my company. The first time I went I was given room 4. This is an odd room. There is no actual tub - just a shower in the middle of the room! The sink is too small to fill either a glass or the kettle that is provided. There was a lamp in the room, but no light bulb and the coffee was rock hard and the cups provided were sticky!

I was booked in again a few weeks later and got room 5. Much better bathroom, however it seems no matter what room you are in at this hotel, you will have lights missing! This time room 5 had a lovely lamp in the corner, but no bulb. Also the lights in the bathroom - half of them were out. The coffee station was a bit cleaner, but again, a sticky coffee cup.

The restaurant is in the gym lobby which is fine, but if you want some peace and quiet at the end of the work day, go somewhere else. There must have been about 30 children running wild in the restaurant bar area. This hotel does not have room service.

Apparently the gym and facilites are included in the price of your stay, but I have not had a chance to use them yet.

The two different rooms I stayed in had the same problem in the morning with condensation on the massive windows. There isn't very much ventilation (the extractor fan in room 5 didn't work either).

Both times I checked in, the young blonde at reception, while efficient is a far cry from friendly. She's a bit like a robot and doesn't give an air of welcome. I'm only there for the night and on business, but it would nice to have a smile aimed at you once in a while!

Overall if you have to stay here it's not bad, but I would never actually "choose" to stay there if I was on holiday - not that many people take a holiday to Hatfield! ;o)

Room Tip: Do not choose room 4!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jackyd99
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The reception and the service staff deserve kudos; They make sure you matter - whether you are arriving or checking out. There are only 20 rooms and with business parks around, the rooms get booked out quickly.. It is just over 5 pounds away from the train station; and within easy reach of motorway (A1/ M25)

There is no room service, but the front reception, the restaurant and other staff in the leisure departments are very helpful and welcoming. Guests can use the gym/ leisure facilities.

The room decor is a bit dated, and could do with a re-fit; But for the business traveler visiting the region, it ticks most boxes.

Room Tip: Rooms are on the same
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business