1,406 results
All reviews terrace restaurant michelin star tasting menu new forest sister hotel four poster afternoon tea motor museum gardens are beautiful journey home charming hotel overlooking the garden little touches restaurant manager homemade biscuits special occasion cream tea
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We visited the Montagu Arms for one night for my husband's birthday. Everything was excellent from our lovely room (the Walnut suite), the amazing service & outstanding food. It was the little touches that made it really stand out, the complimentary tea brought to your room in the morning (even though there is tea/coffee facilities in the room), the amazing turn down service with a pillow spray left on your pillow. The large bottles of complimentary water left in your room (normally you get 1 small bottle) and when we left we were given a small bag with 2 bottles of water & apples for our journey. Everywhere is spotless and it is so cosy & welcoming. The garden is beautiful & I could not recommend this hotel highly enough!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SunilKanjanghat, General Manager at Montagu Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for spending the time to write and post this lovely review and of course for awarding us five stars!

The whole team and I are absolutely delighted to receive this amazing feedback following your visit to celebrate your husband’s birthday. Everything you have said is everything we strive for and it is just fantastic to hear it is being achieved.

We feel that the little extras we like to surprise our guests with are what makes us stand out from the crowd and I am delighted that you appreciated these.

Thank you for choosing the Montagu Arms Hotel and for your recommendation to others. We would love to welcome you again when you next decide to visit Beaulieu and the New Forest.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Very pretty country hotel in the middle of the New Forest. Horse riding and bicycle hire nearby. Lovely service and delicious breakfast. Beautiful four poster bed room. Very well maintained garden outside dining room. Superb food at dinner.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for awarding us five stars and for your review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and I had pleasure passing on your feedback to the whole team, who work hard to ensure our valued guests enjoy their experience.

Thank you for the special mention of our gardens, the beauty of these are all down to the hard work and tireless effort of our gardeners who ensure they look amazing with each and every changing season.

We would love to welcome you again – why not visit our website for some great deals.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Went fo Sunday lunch,it wash superb. Very reasonable priced but be careful on the wine, unbelievably expensive beyond any logic. The waiting staff was very attentive and friendly. It was my daughter and her husband sessi gli aniversary and were the had ther wedding.We all had a great time and we all

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SunilKanjanghat, General Manager at Montagu Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent visit for Sunday lunch. How fantastic that you were able to celebrate your daughter and son-in-law’s anniversary at the special place they held their wedding! Please pass on our very best wishes to them both.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your lunch and it was lovely to read your kind remarks regarding the staff. I am always thrilled to read how much they have been appreciated.

I have noted your comments regarding the wine and I would like to assure you that we constantly review our prices with similar establishments in the New Forest and believe we offer excellent value for money. We very much encourage constructive feedback and suggestions from our valued guests and I have passed on your feedback to our Sommelier.

Thank you for awarding us five stars and for your time to write and post your review. We would love to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

A very lovely place to wind down from the stresses of life. Amazing service and friendly staff, really amazing food "wow" and a beautifully relaxing garden.
Definitely worth a regular long weekend away.

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your lovely five star review, which I have already shared with the team.

I was so pleased to read that you consider the Montagu Arms Hotel to be ‘a very lovely place to wind down from the stresses of life’ – as our aim is to ensure that from the moment our guests arrive they relax and unwind leaving us to do all the hard work.

We would love to welcome you again when your time permits.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our two night break in this beautiful hotel. We spent some time in the sunny gardens which are well maintained. The staff are very attentive and efficient. The early morning tea is wonderful. Food fabulous in both restaurants. We will be back!

1  Thank jillbH7393XD

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for spending some time to write and post your review following your recent two night stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and I was pleased to read that you were able to dine in both of our restaurants and also enjoy some time in our English country garden.

Thank you for awarding us five stars and for your lovely comments, which I have already shared with the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future – please visit our website for some great deals!