“Lovely house in perfect location for exploring...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Spring Cottage

Front of House from the side Lounge
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Spring Cottage - front of house
Front of House from the side
Lounge
Dining Room
Double Bedroom 2
Double Bedroom 1
Double Bedroom 4
Bedroom 5 - Bunk Beds
Double Bedroom 3
Hallway and stairs (before gate was fitted)
Floor Plan
New Forest Ponies
Spacious Lounge
Local Playground
Paulton's Park Theme Park - home to Peppa Pig world
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jacksta22
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely house in perfect location for exploring the New Forest”
Reviewed 30 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

This trip was booked for us by our daughters as a Christmas present. We stayed for four nights with our three daughters, their partners and two grandchildren, 10 of us in all. The house was very spacious and suited our needs perfectly. The kitchen was large and very well equipped, and the utility room extremely useful too. All the bedrooms were a good size and the beds very comfortable. We did feel that the lounge could have done with some curtains, as this was the coldest room in the house and curtains would have kept the warmth in. The dining table was large enough to seat all of us. There were no working locks on any of the toilet/bathroom doors, which could have been a problem, but we adopted the policy "if the door was shut, the room was in use". Overall we had a great time and Spring Cottage was a perfect base to explore the New Forest, especially at this time of year with the beautiful colours of the Forest.

Sebastien...
“Good base”
Reviewed 13 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I was worried after reading previous reviews but our stay was lovely, the beds are comfy and there was plenty of room for the whole family.
Yes there was the odd cobweb and there were deficiencies in some areas but they were relatively minor. A new peg bag and pegs is a must :) The lounge lighting is poor which is OK if all you want to do is watch TV but I prefer to read.
I will point out all the internal stairs from one room to another even the on suite has steps (which I fell down in the night - and no I had not been drinking) They would be a big consideration with elderly and small children.
All in all a lovely cottage, in a nice area, and in a perfect location to visit the New forest :)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: comfy beds
Liked least: lighting
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Heather R
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay with family”
Reviewed 31 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We booked this cottage for my family (5 of us) and my Parents to stay in as my sister was getting married in Lyndhurst so was a brilliant base for us all in the build up before the big day! On arriving I was very sceptical because some of the reviews were so negative!! but we were all pleasantly suprised on arrival! The house was plenty big enough and we had a spare bedroom so my niece could stay over too! We were happy with the cleanliness - its a holiday let not a show home! and apart from the odd cob web here and there the kitchen/bathroom were spotless. The garden is a lot more over grown than in the pictures - but as it rained constantly in the week we stayed it wasn't a problem! The road is very busy! we mainly walked if we could to places to avoid having to get off the drive! We all had a pleasent stay and would happily book to go back. Thank you Sharon.

Rachel P
“Seriously lacking TLC”
Reviewed 28 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

My family and I stayed in Spring Cottage in August this year for a week, we were a large party: 3 children under 4yrs and 6 adults. We'd read the review below so we were considering cancelling as the property didn't seem in a fit state or at all family friendly.
However, after some reassurance from Sharon we kept the booking. It transpires, everything mentioned by the previous group was spot on. It's such a shame, the cottage was probably lovely a few years ago but it is seriously unloved. The walls are covered in marks, the house is generally dirty (like the family before us we spent the best part of the first day of our 'holiday' cleaning). I was in the downstairs room and a day in the roof started leaking onto the bed, I had noticed the damp the evening prior and the humidity had really aggravated my chest and asthma so felt quite ill for most of the holiday. The room is completely uninhabitable, we all had to move round rooms and with people sharing and sleeping on floors! The most worrying problem this house has is that it is right on an extremely busy road, I was constantly concerned the kids would make it out the gates onto the road, we couldn't really relax. For this reason we couldn't use the garden either, which is at best, grim. Oh, and the bulbs blew on a few occasions and short circuited the electricity.

I would seriously suggest Sharon closes shop for a couple of months, give the house a lick of paint, sort out the plumbling and electricity, give it a thorough deep clean and garden a complete overall. The house may just be a quick buck for you, but for families who save to go on holiday and look forward to breaks away together this is completely unacceptable. If I were in your position I'd compensate the last couple of visitors, apologise profusely and sort this property out.

New Forest is beautiful, next time I'll take a tent, it'll be drier.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The area
Liked least: The property
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
2 Nov 2015
We did have a leak - due to a loose plug in the upstairs bath. The problem took a few visits for the plumber to find and remedy but once he did it hasn't been a problem since. As for the other comments, I have a wonderful cleaner and a wonderful gardener and they look after the house amazingly well for me. Towards the end of the summer season the house does receive a thorough clean and a tidy up in terms of painting and carpets cleaned etc. We do this once a year to ensure it looks great for guests. I stay there with my family and we love it as our home, we see it as a home and that's how we treat it. Most of our guests do the same thankfully.
Hannahand...
“Lovely holiday ”
Reviewed 21 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

The house is in a lovely location, 10 mins walk to lyndhurst town, very near a great park for the kids, beautiful nearby walks where you'll see horses and cows roaming. It's also less than 30mins drive to the coast. The other reviews are correct in that it's a very busy road by the house but if you are confident at driving/parking you'll be fine. My only criticism is about the up keep of the house. The electrics were a bit dodgy and we had problems with leaking. We weren't able to use one bedroom but the owner was easy to get hold of and responded very quickly. The garden is also not really fit to sit out in as it has a lot of trees and uneven ground. The top bunk in the kids room is also very close to the light above so we werent able to use the bed. It's a real shame about these couple of things as this house has so much potential. If the house and garden had a bit of a makeover I would definitely go back as the size, layout of the house and location was perfect. We had a great holiday regardless.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;