1,244 results
All reviewsgirls nightcookiescoffee machinefresh milksteam roomchanging roomsswimming poolbusiness parklovely hotelrelaxing breakthe pubgreat facilitiesparsons collarlittle touchesthe sofa bedrestaurant managerduty manager
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My son and I were recently lucky enough to take advantage of the hotels facilities as they put out a kind offer for local residents to come have some fun whilst the snow caused disruption and school closures.

We were able to use the gym which was so helpful as my son had a race coming up and couldn’t run outside in the snow. The gym is well equipped. Great to see some Watt bikes.

We then relaxed and had fun in the pool/spa area. The hot tub, steam room and sauna made it a real treat.

The staff were really friendly and helpful.

Well done for Solent hotel for community spirit! It was really appreciated.

Ps the new renovations look fantastic!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
SolentHotel, Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences.

Pleasing to see you continue to visit the Spa, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Spa each visit.

Dan WIlson

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night on business, my room was nicely decorated and clean, with a comfy bed! The average rating is mainly as a result of the lack of polished service you get from most hotels of this standard. On check in my reservation was correctly under my name but all other details, address and email etc were someone else’s, the receptionist thought a name match had gone wrong on the hotel system? Breakfast was in a temporary dining area, I had to ask twice before I got the tea I ordered when first arriving at breakfast. I had also ordered room service the night before and my drink got spilt all over the tray, total accident. I helped clean up using a towel from the bathroom, when I handed the towel to the member of staff to take away they said “not sure what to do with that”, I think don’t leave it in the guest bedroom is the first thing - it was then taken away! I’ve stayed here before and previously the experience was much better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us following your visit, and I am extremely sorry that there were several flaws in our normally high standard of service!

Rest assured, I have addressed each point with the appropriate departments, to ensure that retraining is a priority to prevent similar situations from happening again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Visited the Solent Hotel last night for a corporate function. The hotel has recently undergone a bar refurbishment and the new look is a big improvement. Sadly when I ordered an ale the first choice was poorly kept and cloudy. The second pint took time to settle but was acceptable. The upstairs bar was understaffed initially and time to get a drink unacceptably long. The room was a good size - food was good too. This hotel could be exceptional but rests on its laurels as it feels it has a monopoly on the Whiteley business park. Up the game and give good value for money. Good management will make the difference here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
SolentHotel, Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us following your visit.

I have taken the opportunity in discussing your feedback with the team. I understand that the initially pint that was poured was unfortunately at the end of the barrel (which at times can happen). Since this was noted, the barrel had been replaced and a replacement pint was poured.

I hope that we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future into our new Restaurant and Bar.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Have very mixed feelings about our stay.

Room 4/5 - lovely room, nice size & comfy bed. There were no bottles of water in the room which is standard in other hotels. Also, lots of doors banging from 7am - might be worth investing in soft close doors, and building Work in the rooms opposite ours going on from 9:30....so much for us getting a restful morning. I would have expected to be told this when we were checking in as a courtesy.

Facilities 2/5 - We were staying for an event which finished just after 10pm.....go to their main bar (which had a fabulous seating area and selection of drinks) to find the shutters down. We popped around the side to find the staff and asked for drinks. It was very clear they didn’t want to be working late and serve us, which resulted in slow service and bad espresso martinis. We managed 2 rounds before they shut up for good - didn’t even have the courtesy to walk over and let us know.

Food 3/5 - average food. Asked for mixed toast with our breakfast - we were given 1 slice of each. They looked very pathetic in the normal size toast holder. Breakfast selection average. Mediocre pastries & juice. Service better from some staff.

This could be a really great hotel however it was the little things that let it down,

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us following your visit.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and I have taken the opportunity in reviewing your feedback with the team, making necessary improvements with in our Restaurant. We have just recently opened our Restaurant and Bar, so I do hope that we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future.

In reference to the bar closing. I have addressed this with the team. This should not have been the case, and I sincerely apologise. Our bar is available 24/7 to all of our residents, and drinks should have and could have been purchased throughout the night. Rest assured, I have reviewed our closing down procedures to prevent similar incidents reoccurring.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here recently for a night. This is a great hotel and would recommend it!

The room was in excellent condition with a double bed, sofa and work desk, tv and usual amenities. This hotel actually provided complementary water bottles too which was rather handy.

The staff were really nice. We dined at their restaurant in the evening and had breakfast at the same restaurant. At both times the food was great.

Didn’t have a single complaint and was impressed by the hotel and the service. I will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experiences on Trip Advisor and I am extremely pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have just opened up our Restaurant and Bar after a £400k refurbishment, so I hope that we have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon.