“The place to go for a special occasion”
Review of Clos du Marquis

Clos du Marquis
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Price range: US$28 - US$65
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Not cheap, but you get what you pay for, A top class experience in an atmospheric environment, with the most superb menu, and Garth. We will return. Often.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

i have not been a regular visitor to the Clos du Marquis because I had found it rather disappointing, however on our last two visits we were impressed by the service, ambience and food.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We visited on a Friday lunch-time. It is always wise to book and the dining room was close to full. We dined off the £21.50 for two courses menu, which has four interesting choices for each course. My wife began with a bacon and onion puff-pastry tart, which was very tasty. I chose pan-fried devilled kidneys, which were magnificently tender in a spicy sauce. My wife continued with the fresh fish of the day, on this occasion a chunky gurnard fillet in a cream and wine sauce. I chose the rabbit cassoulet with white beans and Morteau sausage. It was fine, although I would have liked more liquid.
A plate of carrots and green beans accompanied the main course. My wife had a glass of Macon blanc villages, while I had a glass of tannat Madiran. These were both tasty and well served. We ended with a shared portion of crepes Suzette, which were truly delicious. Brought to the table flaming, with an earthy sauce that was in no way over-sweet. Perfect! The room was warmed by a log fire, although my back was somewhat chilly on the table nearest the front door. The proprietor of the restaurant is very knowledgeable on French food and wine and is happy to chat about them, which adds to the overall experience. We greatly enjoyed our lunch.

1  Thank BroLucius
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Another great Saturday lunch enjoyed by four of us, started with delicious and unusual Canapes with prandial drinks by the fire. Squid and Gambas starters were memorable, as were the mains of Plaice. A special mention of the Crepes Suzettes, with almond ice cream, that were the best ever !!
Bravo Garth and the team !!

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Recently we returned to Le Clos du Marquis for dinner after an absence of a couple of years. Once again we had an excellent evening. The service was very friendly and efficient and the menu had some interesting variety and all the dishes we chose were very good. Although far from cheap, the prices seemed very reasonable for the quality of the food, and the wine list was very well priced. Strongly recommended.