“Warm welcome and excellent food”

Mortimer Arms Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 108 Restaurants in Romsey
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Would highly recommend The Mortimer Arms for a fantastic family meal. The staff were really attentive and the food was excellent. Would especially recommend the smoked cheddar and garlic mushroom starter. Will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank stoner_uk_80
Write a reviewReviews (447)

Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Went here to get some food, after staying at the campsite over the road. Upon entering the older woman serving at the bar was so miserable and rude. Told people she only had 1 chef and if they want food order quick…. Great customer service. That put me off even bothering to order food. Got a drink for my son and i, pint and a fruit shoot - £7 something which was bloody expensive, needless to say we didnt stay long and won’t be going back in a hurry with those prices and miserable staff!

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank 789uk
Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

Nice people, nice location, poor evening food service but good breakfast.

Kept repeating credit card mistakes. Over three weeks later I’m still having problems

Would not recommend

2  Thank iand842
Reviewed 25 August 2021

Went here as a convenient (just off the motorway) place for a working dinner.
Atmosphere good, friendly. Everything is clean and in order.
Food choice is very good. Particularly for Carnivores, although veggies seem well catered for as well. Great Steak, Incredible Burger and all the sides well cooked.
Despite it being bustling (Paulton's park chucking out time), the service was busy but still good. The staff Pat, Sarah and Neve, were all efficient, polite and engaging.
Not the cheapest but quality costs.

Go again - YES
Recommend to a friend - YES

1  Thank RicShaw01
Reviewed 17 August 2021

I moved to the area few months ago and was recommended the Mortimer Arms for some where to go for a lovely drink and great food. Well where do I start I was not mistaken soon as we walked in we were treated like royalty and the atmosphere was great. The staff were happy and laughing and the lady that served us was good she made us feel like we been coming for months in the year this world gone thought going out for food made it worth it with the serve we got .. I want to thank the Sarah, Katrina for the great laughs ... I ordered a steak and my wife had mussels and just say cooked great .. will be coming again and bringing more people .. so thank you !

1  Thank stevemG6133ZF