Old Thorns Golf & Country Estate
US$292
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$373/night.

US$89
US$82
US$105
US$94
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

The Angel Inn(Midhurst)
US$123
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

US$158
The Trooper Inn(Froxfield)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$226
US$127
US$124
TripAdvisor
1,470 results
All reviewschampagne barpro shopgolf breakhampshire suitedriving rangeround of golffoot spaspa facilitiesplaying golfhot bedsmanor hoteltribute nightatrium barthe main hotelgolf spawedding venueeco pod
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My fiancé and I treated my parents to a golf/spa break, where my mum and I would take use the spa and have treatments and my fiancé and my dad would play golf.

We arrived at 11am and tried to check in but (reasonably enough) were told there weren't any rooms ready yet. We tried again at 2pm, still to no avail, but the receptionists were very friendly about it.

My mum and I made use of the gym and swim facilities, which are very good. The gym is very big, probably one of the biggest I've used and parts of it overlook the golf course. In fact we were able to watch our other halves tee off on the first hole!

We managed to upgrade our massages which meant our manicure time being changed around, but that was actually better for us. The massage was great, I had a lady called Ferne and the only downside was that the 50 minutes went way too quickly!

The express manicure was okay, not great. I'm not really a girly girl, but I have been having manicures lately, so I do know what I expect. Our appointments were at 5.30, and I believe the salon closes at 6pm, and it did feel rushed. My treatment started a few minutes after my mum's and despite me having nail varnish removed, I was still done before. The lady asked me to check I was happy with how my nails had been painted and I said yes - but honestly, they aren't the best I've had done. I was told to wait 20 minutes for them to dry. I checked my watch and by 6.15pm, they should've been dry.

At 6.55pm, they smudged. I went to go back to the salon but they had closed, so I mentioned it reception. Ria was very apologetic and advised I go back the following morning as soon as they opened at 10am. I made it clear that I don't mind if it takes 50 minutes to dry (although that is a long time!), but tell me it's going to take 50 minutes, not 20.

I went back the following morning and mentioned this to the two ladies working. One of them said she would speak to her manager and perhaps be able to offer me a voucher for next time. Later, she told me that was the case - next time I was here, to call in advance and mention I'm owed an express manicure? I asked if they could do it today as I was going home and they said no.

So, I live in London, don't go on golfing/spa trips often and to get another manicure for the one that wasn't done well in the first place, I have to spend another few hundred pound on a trip? This was the only negative on an otherwise very enjoyable couple of days.

I feel another gesture, such as some money back, would have been better. It almost makes me not want to return.

From what the men said, the course is nice, although a bit hilly (they didn't take a buggy). They played 18 holes on the Monday but because of the amount of four balls in front of them (they were a two ball) it did take a long time (five hours). On the Tuesday, they only played 12 holes, due to a bit of tiredness and the fact we all had to drive home.

They didn't really appreciate the long waits between shots, but as they are both regular golfers, they know that can happen. However, they were asked on the second day if they wanted to play as a four ball, and when they declined, the pro shop guys were fine with that decision, which was good.

The restaurant was nice, although the choices if you're there for more than a couple of days is limited. It's just a buffet salad and a carvery, for lunch and dinner. We had planned to eat in the sports bar before going home, but I noticed a very small menu on one of the boards - the bar lady told me the kitchen was closed. Not ideal for when trying to eat healthily.

The rooms were big, as were the beds. It is a big complex that you will certainly walk around. Rooms and space just kept appearing.

It was a nice couple of days, but just feel a bit let down by what happened with the manicure. It was an expensive trip, for something I'm not 100% satisfied with. But I was with 3 of my favourite people, and that's always a good time.

Big thanks to Ria on reception for trying to help out with the manicure situation.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
OldThornsGR, Guest Relations Manager at Old Thorns Golf & Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Bethany,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate this as it helps us to improve the guest experience.

I am sorry that there were miscommunications with respect to the manicure. We do stay booked well in advance and unfortunately we could not slip you in to have a re-do of the nails.

Please contact me directly so we may discuss your next trip. We want you to be 100% satisfied.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Definitely worth taking the time to go and have a look,
This will make you want to stay, try the cocktail bar, play golf or go for a swim
You will definitely want to book!
The food is excellent, the staff seem to smile a lot
And make you feel so welcome
The new apartments are well on track
For families or some close mates
Look on line, see the reviews, you know it will be extra special
The cost is really very good, really excellent rates!

Stayed: April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We Really appreciate it.

We hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is a lovely hotel set in a golf resort surrounds by trees. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable and the hotel is great value for money. The staff are welcoming and friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank liam6913
OldThornsGR, Guest Relations Manager at Old Thorns Golf & Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Liam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate it. We hope we shall see you with us very soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We stayed at Old Thorns Golf & Country Estate near Liphook for two nights for the wedding of the daughter of our friends.
The whole wedding day itself was fantastic with great service from all the staff at the establishment, they couldn't have been more helpful during this very special day.

On the day of the wedding I couldn't fault anything. As I am Coeliac, my dietary requirements were very well catered for, so hats off to all concerned. Even in the Champagne Bar after the wedding service and before the reception I was provided with a lovely selection of Gluten Free Canapes as was my partners daughter who has a Vegan diet.

However, during our first night our meal in the Sports bar really wasn't up to standard! Quite a few of the wedding party who stayed that night also complained about the poor quality of the food. An under cooked chicken, dry burger in a bun with no extra filling and my Sirloin steak which I asked for medium rare came well done!
I do sympathise with the catering staff as they were obviously overwhelmed with the volume of customers they had to serve.
There is no separate Gluten free or Vegetarian menu (this could be easily rectified). I asked if I could have chips with my steak but was told they couldn't guarantee that they would be gluten free, so I was offered boiled potatoes instead. The waiter told me I could have the burger but without the bun and chips!!!! So I would have had just a burger on my plate.
Once again, the staff were very apologetic and polite. Maybe the management should change things a little and make sure that they can cater for different dietary requirements in an ever changing dietary world we now live in.

This is by no means a negative review as the wedding day was perfect. The establishment itself is actually a lovely place with friendly staff who are very helpful.

We would stay here again for a night or two getaway. The breakfast was actually lovely but if I do have one fault, it would be that if you are going to supply Gluten free bread for toasting you really need a separate Toaster for gluten free bread only as cross contamination is critical for Coeliacs.

We hope Old Thorns can take this review as a positive one and that our constructive feedback re dietary requirements can be taken on board for the near future.

Kind Regards
Mark and Allyson

Room Tip: Try and book a room in the main building as the rooms and bed are larger.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marksigsworth
OldThornsGR, Guest Relations Manager at Old Thorns Golf & Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Mark and Allyson,

We really appreciate your review and comments. We happily take on board these comments so we may continue to improve the guest journey. These have been given to the F&B Team. Please accept our apologies for the Sports Bar meal which, from your accounting, was not of the standards for which we strive. Again, your thoughts with this and breakfast have been addressed.

We are pleased that you did enjoy your time here. It is our pleasure to do our utmost to help the Bride and Groom create wonderful memories of their special day.

We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Great venue. Golf coarse was in perfect condition and the staff were very pleasant. We stayed in the new rooms which were large and had everything you could want. I would definately come back. The spa is spacious and a great way to relax after a days golf.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Dave and Claire and kids,

We are so pleased you enjoyed our new Apartments! They are really special and afford you relaxing luxury in large, self-catering, flats.

We hope you will visit us again!