2,301 results
All reviews sky bar afternoon tea cocktail bar free movies scones walk in wardrobe welcome cocktail brasserie restaurant tasting menu sky suites secret escapes happy anniversary turn down service stunning hotel our wedding anniversary farnborough airport on arrival
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This has to be the most unique ‘airport hotel’ experience! First off, the design of the hotel is really special; the atrium looks a bit like the Guggenheim on the inside, but with lots of chrome and special touches like aircraft-style windows in the lifts.

From the moment we arrived the service was impeccable... with staff showing a genuine interest in making you feel comfortable and relaxed. For example, at the turndown service, the shower mat would be placed out ready for the next morning! Small touches like that really make this place.

However, the main selling point was definitely the room and it’s view. Again, so well designed, exceptionally clean and fresh, and very comfortable. The view was unbeatable; panoramic views of Farnborough Airport runway (which if you’re an aviation nut, like me, are quite something). That said, it was never excessively noisy, so no need to panic about not getting a good night’s sleep.

There’s a comfortable bar (with aptly-named cocktails like ‘Airmail’) which also has great views. Breakfast is generous and delicious, with a mixture of buffet and made-to-order items.

Overall: A fantastic stay and can not recommend highly enough. Will be suggesting this hotel to family, friends, and colleagues.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jn226
AviatorbyTAG, Front Office Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear jn226

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Aviator Experience!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Without a doubt one of the favorite hotels, we stayed in the area. Upon arrival, I was welcomed by Salihah. She is the friendliest and helpful host we have ever came across. The staff is great, they really know the true value of customer service, special mention to Kalpesh, who also looked after us during our stay. The restaurant is flexible and the food is beyond perfect and great value for money, my room was well equipped and comfortable. Highly recommended!

Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
AviatorbyTAG, Front Office Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Gachoo D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. It is wonderful to read of your overall enjoyment whilst you were with us, and especially of your high praise for the hotel's food and facilities.

It is lalso particularly pleasing to hear of such compliments for all of our staff here at Aviator, and I will ensure such feedback is shared with the team here, and especially with Salihah and Kalpesh!

Finally, thank you again for writing us a review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aviator in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing service, room was really reasonably prices and we were able to get a table for dinner at a reasonable time without booking. Although I would recommend booking in advance. Cocktails were a bit pricey but they were lovely.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Really Danae T,

Thank you so much for writing us such a kind review. It is wonderful to read of your enjoyment of your stay, and I'm very glad to hear you were able to make a reservation in our Brasserie restaurant at the time in which you wished for. It's also lovely to learn of your praise for our cocktails, and I will ensure these comments are shared with our Sky Bar team, as I'm sure they will be equally pleased to hear such kind feedback.

Finally, thank you again for taking the time to write us a review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aviator in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I visited the Aviator for afternoon tea in a group of 11, for a work celebration. Never having heard of the hotel I wasn’t sure what to expect, I love afternoon tea so was hopeful!
And I wasn’t disappointed. Due to the size of our group we had a semi private area to ourselves which made it very comfortable.
Our afternoon tea experience started with an introduction to the various teas from Chris our excellent waiter. His knowledge of the teas was great and he was able to answer our questions.

The sandwiches and cakes soon followed which were a great selection. I’m not usually a fan of the cakes (it’s the sandwiches and scones I love), however the flavours and cakes were fab. Mini custard slice and a banana passion fruit macaron to mention a few.
Then the scones arrived....without raisins, which is my favourite. Lovely, light and huge, exactly the way scones should be.

We accompanied our afternoon tea with prosecco, cocktails and mocktails, all of which were very good.

The biggest endorsement of how much we enjoyed our experience at the Aviator was that we arrived at 2.30 and didn’t leave until 10pm!

We were looked after brilliantly by Chris and other team members, the service was friendly, knowledgable and attentive.

I will definitely be finding a reason to go back soon!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Alexandra G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, and thank you also for your high praise. It is really lovely to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea so much, and especially that Chris looked after you all so well. I will ensure that your comments are addressed with Chris, as I's sure he will be delighted to learn of the positive impact in which he had on your experience. I'm also glad to read that the area in which you were seated was so suitable for your party of eleven.

It is also wonderful to read of your comments about the selection of cakes, and the quality of scones and cocktails in which you received, and this feedback has been shared with our Kitchen and Sky Bar teams.

Finally, thank you again for leaving us such a kind review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aviator in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Just had an evening stay for a business event at the Farnborough Airfield. A brilliant location - only a short walk through.
The reception staff were not only really efficient but very friendly too, as were the bar staff. Nothing was too much trouble and they were very attentive.
The room was a great size and the bed very comfortable. Overall the hotel is very modern and stylish. The room rate was very competitive, drinks in the bar a little pricey but the service more than made up for it. Thorughly recommend it and will be back next year.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear BBBG69,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. It is lovely to read of your wonderful feedback, particularly regarding the efficiency and attitude of our staff, and also the quality of service in which you received.

In addition, I am also really glad you enjoyed the hotel's design, and our location close to the Airfield.

Finally, I'd like to thank you again for leaving us a review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aviator in the future.