Comfort Inn(Millersburg)(Great Value!)
ComfortSuites
US$180
Zinck's Inn(Berlin)
US$124
Holmes with a View(Millersburg)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstree housetreehousewoodsfirewoodsleepingcleveland
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Old Pine tree house after a long wait for a reservation. It was definitely worth it! The tree house is beautiful, and the owners have thought of every amenity. It is glamping at it’s finest. Be prepared for lots of outdoor sounds, and I woke up frequently overnight from the sound of the wind blowing the swing below the house. Everything you need to enjoy a stay is there, and, if you pay attention to the info they give you before your stay, you can find it pretty easily. We did not see or hear a soul in our 24 hrs there, and it was the perfect getaway for a mother-son bonding trip. Next time we would love to stay longer and bring friends! A little pricey but very enjoyable.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I reserved a night in one of the treehouse (Little Red) for my 10 year olds birthday. Because it only slept two, I had to reserve one of the cabins as well so my husband could join us. And, since we had extra space, my daughter and her boyfriend planned to come as well. Due to the popularity of the treehouse, I was only able to reserve one Saturday night.

We really wanted to make a full long weekend out of it, and since check in for the cabins isn't until 4 pm, we decided to make a longer trip out of it and spend time in Zanesville and at The Wilds before heading to the cabin. (We live in Cincinnati.)

Once we arrived in Zanesville, I read my emails where there was a notice from The Mohicans that their water testing had come back with poor results...and offering to let us cancel or go ahead and come and they would provide bottled water for our water needs. Since we were already on our trip (and we had a 10 year old very excited to stay in a treehouse!), we opted not to cancel. However, we didn't want to take ANY risks (i.e. did the previous campers wash the dishes with tainted water?), so we went out and bought disposable plates, utensils, and opted to just cook hot dogs over the fire and have store-bought side dishes. We bought bagels for breakfast so didn't have to cook. Since we were only there one night, this was no big deal. We bought a ton of hand sanitizer and baby wipes to use to clean ourselves up. (Make sure you read about everything that is and is not provided so you have what you need!)

We arrived right at 4 for our stay. The cabin and treehouse were both ready for us. And we were very pleased! While they are 'close' to each other, the way they are built and where the outdoor living space is, you really don't know you have neighbors. There was plenty of parking, and plenty of space. Both the cabin and treehouse were clean and inviting!

The treehouse was adorable. It is a bit of a hike to get to it, so be warned! To us, the climb up was part of the charm. But for others it might pose a slight challenge. Inside the cabin has everything you need. The loft for sleeping not only requires a climb up a very steep ladder, but the space itself is not very large. For my daughter and I, it was perfect!

The cabin was great as well. Be aware of the sleeping arrangements (we were in Killbuck)...it sleeps 6 in its two bedrooms (combination of one queen and several twin beds). Huge tables inside and on the deck just begged for family meals and games.

Since we were only there the one night, and checkout was at 11, we didn't have a lot of time to hike and explore the surrounding woods. But the weather was beautiful and we were able to enjoy family time both on the deck of the cabin as well as around the fire.

The only other disappointment with the water was not being able to take advantage of the outdoor showers!

We really enjoyed our time there, but knew we would have enjoyed it more if we didn't have to concern ourselves with the water. Upon my return back, I emailed The Mohicans and explained the above to them, and asked them for a partial refund to make up for the water inconvenience. Within a day or two, a partial refund was issued, along with a sincere note.

I plan to take my family back again next summer to experience ALL of what The Mohicans has to offer! (2 nights at least next time!).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bigskylisa
Reviewed 3 June 2017

This was our second year of celebrating the end of the school year with our youngest grandkids by glam-camping in a beautiful, tucked away treehouse in central Ohio. We love that the treehouses are "tucked into" the surrounding woods. You won't see your neighbors. We take full advantage of fishing in the well stocked pond and the area's activities. The setting is quiet, full of nature, and it is everything camping should be. It is pretty far out in the woods so be sure to pack everything you need like firewood, charcoal, fishing poles and worms.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad selection except that the Little Red really is too small for more than 2 people.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dohiki
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Can't recommend one of these treehouses enough. We stayed in the Moonlight Treehouse and it was so fun to sit on the balcony and pay scrabble, grill hot dogs, hang out in the loft and just relax. The "couches" in the treehouse aren't very comfortable but I think that's just a product of not being able to fit normal couches up there. The views are absolutely beautiful and it felt so peaceful to spend a weekend away from cell phones, tv, etc. Bring lots of snacks and games and you will really enjoy a relaxing weekend here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OSUbuckeyesHM
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

This was a place that friends had told me about for many years but I had no idea that a little over 1 hour from Cleveland were the most amazing tree houses and cabins. They are clean, built well and close to an amazing restaurant called Malabar Farms Restaurant. Great for a get away.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family