“Didn't live up to expectations ”

Toulouse Restaurant
Price range: US$1 - US$59
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Booked a table here following recommendations, so was looking forward to a really nice meal. There was nothing particularly wrong, but it just fell a bit short, it looked great but I just left slightly disappointed. Scallop starter was nice, but lacked a bit of zing, main was lamb again nice, but parmesan crisps little to thick ,the feta cream was stone cold which jarred with the meal, got better as it reached room temperature. Service was good, except would have been nice to have been told what the cheese was thatch was served. My wife had mango panacott and said that was great, best dish of the night.
As I said everything was ok so no reason not to go but I won't be rushing back either

1  Thank Ian_Young292
Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I needed somewhere for a little family gathering with about 14 adults and 4 children, and the Toulouse Restaurant fit the bill nicely. We had a room which was just the right size just across the road from the beach (for much bigger groups it would be too small).
From the outside the restaurant didn't look that special, but appearances can be deceptive. We were warmly welcomed and well served by the staff. The food was extremely good. We stayed for a long time and we were allowed to stay as long as we liked without pressure.
Knowing that we would be sitting at table for quite a long time, we knew the children would get restive after a while. This was no problem, because we were isolated from the rest of the guests and the waitress was kind and understanding. Also when it got too raucous, the parents were able to take the children across the road to the beach - so everyone had their fun day.
There was a good choice of menus and wines and the prices were reasonable and fully justified by the quality.
An ideal location for small groups of say 10 to 15 people plus a few children.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Treated my mum to dinner here for a change and was so happy with the food and service from the staff who are always happy to help, me and my mother suffer from food allergies and they cator amazing for this without and bother, we have both been back multiple times and absolutely love it! Would recommend if your in the area and fancy a good 2 or 3 cource meal.

Its lovely to have a restaurant with class and good customer service!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I was travelling alone and fancied I meal before driving back to Sussex. I spotted Toulouse on the sea front. I cannot fault the service, quality of the food and early bird value! I'll be back with the family

1  Thank Bingo304
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I posted a fab review for this place a while ago but not this time. We booked a table for 6 well in advance and when we arrived they escorted us to so called private dining area. It has no atmosphere, cold with a heater blowing in your face and the very uncomfortable chairs are like patio furniture. More like a cafe than a restaurant.

I tried to see if they could move us into the main restaurant but the so called restaurant manager was so rude I gave up.

After 30 minutes we finally got our drinks but selecting the food was much more challenging. 2 members of our party are vegetarian but the main vegetarian dish had sold out! So that left a choice of Goats Cheese or Goats Cheese. After a while the so called manger said they could do a nut roast. His attitude was appalling and after a barrage of sarcastic comments we decided to leave.

I used to love this restaurant but no more. Until this excuse of a manger is fired I will not be stepping back in this place! You are obviously in the wrong job!

7  Thank Ndchoice