“unique hotel in Southend”

Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Southend-on-Sea
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I stayed at the Park Inn Palace a little while ago. We booked online and got a good deal.
We took the train from London which took 45 minutes and is a nice journey. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the train station.
What a refreshing hotel in Southend and it is nice to see they have brought the old Palace building to life again.
Check in was smooth and receptionist was friendly. Our room was super large, much larger than an average 3* hotel. Beds very comfy and very much enjoyed the sea view from the room when waking up the next day. Coffee and tea making facilities in the room, which is a nice touch.
We had dinner in the Restaurant and good menu choice especially the daily fish specials! After dinner we had some cocktails in the bar admiring the views over the pier.
Breakfast the next day again better than I ever had in any 3* hotel. There was lots of choice and the coffee was very good.
After check out we had a stroll along the beach and walked up the pier and went shopping, the hotel has a perfect location for it.
Overall, very friendly staff. I liked the decor of the hotel, very modern with some quirky pictures on the walls. Large and comfortable rooms, will definitely be back for a weekend break!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thereisonlyoneofme

Reviewed 23 September 2010

We stayed with our young son and some family friends. It was a lovely hotel, friendly staff and a nice breakfast. The rooms were smaller than expected, but in very good condition. We had a lovely seaview. The hotel is very close to the shopping centre and also the seafront. In fact, I will be planning another trip there very soon with my family.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Very long check in procedure - only two working desks at most; hence delays with check in and check out; I have significant query regarding pricing: on phone I was offered high price initially, then after longish conversations it dropped down from .... 220£ to 135£ per night and after some more conversation (I was looking at hotel's web page and pricing offer) it dropped down again to ... 119£. Similar situation was with late check out: one person told me about 40£, next day - another person told me about 45£ and again - after conversation it dropped down to 40£. Because of this I am going to make a formal complaint. Other than that - nice location, view (if you are polite to staff), nice spacious rooms, new, comfy beds.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2010

my sister and i took our mum to this hotel for her 7oth birthday. we had a great time. room was really nice, hotel had a good atmosphere. breakfast was very good. we would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 2 September 2010

This newly refurbished Hotel has the potential to be a really great Hotel. It has been open since March 2010 but has obviously not ironed out all it's teething problems. When we arrived the receptionist could not find my booking, this was a bit worrying as I had booked a special (£59) room rate direct with the Park Inn website and so I thought had paid up front as per the terms and conditions of the room rate. Any way the problem was resolved after about 20-30 minute anxious wait by the Hotel Manager and to be fair we were given a seaview room which was huge (room 102)
The room was spotlessly clean, the bed huge and my daughter slept on a large fold down bed settee. The T.V was really good with quite a few channels and the room very stylish with lovely artwork and beautiful soft furnishings. Our room even had a balcony which was great, sipping a G&T and watching the world go by!
The shower was a massive walk in type and it may have been my imagination, but I think the air con was blowing scented air.
We did not eat at the hotel, but had a nightcap in the bar before going to bed and I had a nosey around the restaurant, the bar overlooks the sea and is very stylish in it's design.
I had no problems hooking up to the free Wi-Fi either.
The hotel has an NCP car park opposite and the overnight charge is £5 from after 5pm to 9am.
I am considering going back to this hotel later in the year and I just hope they manage to sort out some of the computer glitches by then, to be fair the Receptionists were very proffessional and polite considering how miffed I was because I thought I was being charged for the room twice (I wasn't and they did get back to me as promised)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LK_MBE
Travellers also viewed these Southend-on-Sea hotels
1.1 km away
0.4 km away
The Last Post
The Last Post
#7 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea

Address: Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea Church Road, Southend-on-Sea SS1 2AL, England
Region: United Kingdom > England > Essex > Southend-on-Sea
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Southend-on-Sea
Price Range: €59 - €132 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Park Inn By Radisson Palace Southend-On-Sea Hotel Southend-On-Sea