See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Negatives first as want to end positive. I knew as soon as I arrived and tried to check in That the receptionist was one who answered my phone call earlier. Her English is shocking And my French (I beleave) is worse. I needed an Atm to get a taxi in the morning to pick my car up. Left at an house we had been to a party at. Plus also I wanted some water for our room. Despite my best efforts by words or charades I couldn't get her to understand. In the end I resorted to my phone and Google maps. That did the trick as A petrol station less than a mile up the road. Same problem this morning checking out same lady. No one on reception so found her in restaurant. In the end I just left my room key by the phone as again couldn't get her to understand. In her defence I am from Yorkshire with the accent But I spoke clearly and slowly. The Bell I found is a lot like a budget motel off the beaten track in the states. Hallway was very hot as radiators were on? 20+ outside... Room was a family room with 2 double beds. Suprisingly spacious. Clean and well kept. I will finish on a great positive. Very comfortable beds Which scores lots of points for us. Yes I would stay again when in the area mainly as We slept better there than in our own bed at home!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I've stayed regularly over the years and the hotel is certainly not the same standard it was.
The room was clean and comfortable but the exterior is tired and the bar doesn't open until 5pm which is very inconvenient if you arrive in the afternoon and fancy a drink.
I will stay again as it's convenient for my job and the surrounding area and Epping itself is worth it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Tl;dr - Good value budget hotel.

I spent a Friday night here whilst visiting London. I arrived at about midnight and checked out again at about 6am, so can't say too much for the wider hotel.

The room I was given (Room 14) was spacious, clean, and functional, with plenty of storage space and complimentary tea, coffee, biscuits, and toiletries.

Check in/out was easy, and there was no mention of the extra £100 deposit that other visitors have mentioned.

As I said at this start, this was more than adequate for a £50 double room on the edge of London, however a couple of things would make it even better value and a five star review.

Staying on one of the hottest nights of the year so far, I entered my room to find it like a sauna! Granted, a lot of it will be down to the concrete construction of the building and the large windows, but there was no way of alleviating this other than opening the window. Some basic air conditioning would be useful here.

Second, whilst the shower was hot and functional, it would have been nice to have had a little bit more pressure.

Those are only minor gripes, though, and didn't detract too much from a pleasant stay. I'd certainly stay here again.

As for the 1* reviews on here, it seems like those reviewers stayed in other hotels entirely, and I wouldn't be surprised if they happened to own other local hotels. There seems to be absolutely no truth in those reviews!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

On our arrival we were told we all had to pay £100 deposit !!! A rather large sum of money considering the room very basic and grotty !!! We were all very polite and asked why this was as we watched another group being booked in and no deposit taken , the receptionist raised her voice at us as we were trying to figure out how we could raise extra funds at short notice ...
Very rude to assume that if your young you will damage a room !!!!! Won't be returning !!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Recently organised a meeting for 20+ people, good venue, the staff were very helpful and made sure nothing was forgotten. The buffet lunch was excellent.
Stayed one night and found the hotel room perfectly adequate and the evening meal was very good.

Stayed: May 2017