The Bell Hotel Epping
  • Breakfast included
US$55
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
Premier Inn Waltham Abbey Hotel(Waltham Abbey)(Great Value!)
US$70
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Harlow Hotel(Harlow)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
Gilwell Park London(Chingford)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$102
US$74
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Omg! Just phoned this hotel for a potential room booking. The person that answered the phone was so rude. I asked him why it was cheaper to go through booking.com and he told me he had people in front of him that needed serving!!! He then started to argue with me! Will NOT be using this hotel!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel. We booked online and read nothing on the website about a deposit but when we arrived we were informed we needed to pay £100 deposit as well as the £70 for our room. I asked when the money would be paid back and was told the very next day when we checked out.
Arriving in our over heated, over priced room. We were met by a mouldy bathroom ceiling. No soap. And a smell of cigarettes.
When checking out the receptionist tried to charge us a second time for our room.
We stayed on the saturday night and still hadnt received our deposit by the monday. I phoned the hotel to be told 3-5 working days. I asked to speak to the manager as i was not happy with this only to be hung up on!! Disgusting customer service.
I was then charged the £70 AGAIN!! This took me over drawn in my bank. The mouldy room had cost me £240 plus daily bank charges!! I finally received my deposit back 9 days after my stay!!!
Terrible rooms and even worse customer service. Will never stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sofeywofey
Vijay S, Manager at The Bell Hotel Epping, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

We have advertised on all online travel agency website that hotel will need a pre-authorization. If you do not have a credit / debit card which can b pre-authorised then only we request for a deposit of £100.00.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

my brother and I stayed there for one night at the end of July. We were a bit apprehensive as we had not been there before..but it was really good. Our twin room was very clean and very well equipped...The downsides were...we arrived about 9.30in the evening and we waited about 15 minutes at reception before anyone came to book us in and when he did come he was rather sullen...a smile would have been really nice..then he proceeded to tell us the complicated way to our room....also...I think it was rather pricey

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Very basic needs modernising sheets clean but had rips in them very quiet did not fancy breakfast there so can't commit there.would not recommend but only place in Epping shame it could be a nice hotel if done up and updated furniture

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2016

This is the best hotel in the area. I work all over the world and am very fussy about where I stay and how much I pay. I have to get value for money and be comfortable.This hotel ticks all the boxes. The staff are young and inexpeirienced but they are nice people and need encouraging. Rooms are clean and very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business