“Tasty Thai food ”

Lek's Thai Food
Ranked #7 of 400 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Price range: US$7 - US$8
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Description: Authentic Thai Food in Chelmsford, we offer good value and friendly service. There is seating outside on the Market Square. Come along and try our food we believe you will be surprised at how good it is. We also offer Take Away and outside catering services. Lek's Thai Food is located on the corner of Chelmsford's retail market next to Bellmead (opposite central park)
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What a great place this is for a tasty lunch. Quick service, everything is so tasty, service is quick and value is amazing. Whole family loves it.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This place never lets me down, I have enjoyed lunch meetings, lunch with family and take away’s. On this visit we enjoyed spring rolls with sweet chilli dip and Thai chicken green curry with rice. The curry is amazing and a personal favourite.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch today after my other half had been previously and said how nice it was.

I opted for the Thai red chicken curry and rice which had a fantastic flavour to it.

My partner had the chicken massaman, I tried that and it tasted fantastic with a lovley Thai coconut flavour to it.

We also had a couple of pork spring rolls and sweet chilli dip which was the perfect little extra.

Food was great value and the staff were very friendly. I will definitely come back.

If you love Thai food you have to give this place a try, it’s a real hidden gem.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I've always liked Lek's, they've always offered fresh food at competitive prices. I visited on a Saturday at 2 PM and was left disappointed. It seems like the tiny kitchen is now serving Lek's plus the new Noodle bar in the corner, some 30 steps away. They don't seem to have the staffing or operational methods in place yet to successfully support both venues.

I ordered the seafood jungle curry off of the board 'as is', I made no special requests or modifications. My partner ordered a duck dish. The duck dish arrived after 15 minutes, as it was a cold day in the market, he began to eat. After 25 minutes waiting I asked the young server at the til and she said, 'it will literally be right over'. Apparently 'right over' is an additional wait time of 10 minutes. My partner was done eating and mine came 10 minutes after he finished.

The server kept walking past the table with food for the other restaurant. I noticed a couple who had arrived 10 minutes after us who then moved to the other venue were eating before us.

I have no idea what took so long, no explanation was given. If this is how service exists during a slow mid-afternoon I have no interest in returning during a busy lunchtime.

I hope they can work on their operations and support to get back on track. As always, the food was fresh and lovely so I hope they can find their feet in running both venues. Or at least advise people during the ordering process that it will be a 30 minute plus wait.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Good food, nice staff and pleasant location to sit and enjoy good food. Recommend the pad thai. Perfect for a mid shopping lunch or nipping out from work for a lunch break