“Mid week lunch”

Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Can with my wife for a quick bite on a Thursday lunch. I couldn't fault the whole experience. Friendly staff, excellent fresh food with generous portions. Would definitely recommend and I will be back to try the dinner menu.

acanteen, communications assistant at Acanteen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Brilliant! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed dining with us and friendly service from our team. - Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best wishes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Have visited for breakfast and for brunch and can’t fault the food and drinks. There was no rush, the staff were very friendly. Lots of choice on the menu of both food and drinks. Healthy choices on the menu are amazing and portions are quite big. Would definately visit again.

That's great to hear! - Thank you for the lovely comments, we are over the moon to hear that you enjoyed our menu and friendly service. - We do try to make sure that there's always lots of delicious healthy options! Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us, it is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Afternoon tea in the function room with work colleagues,beautifully presented.
Amazing food,catering for vegans also...didn’t realise was open for food in the evenings!lovely ambience,staff friendly will definetly go back!

Thank you very much for the lovely words - we are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had a great leaving do with us! I shall make sure to pass all your comments back on to the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

A group of us ate here on Saturday evening for a friends birthday.

On first impressions the inside is nice and the tables are spaced out quite a bit so you are not too close to other diners which makes a nice change to a lot of other restaurants.

Our table was booked for 7:30pm, but they didn't take our food order until about 8:15pm. However, the drinks order was taken promptly and the waiters and waitresses were all polite throughout the evening.

To start, I had calamari which was on the specials menu. The batter was really nice, but the squid was very tough and rubbery, it did not taste fresh at all. For my main, I ate the steak ciabatta. The dish was steak in ciabatta bread (like a steak burger) with fries on the side. The main was nice enough.

We didn't have dessert, but were drinking and talking for a little while after our mains. I was quite surprised to see one of the staff walk through the restaurant with two black bin bags (if you've ever seen the Friends episode where Phoebe dates the food inspector, you will know this is frowned upon!). Then we got a strong smell of bleach where one of the members of staff were mopping the kitchen area which opens out into the restaurant, only separated by a glass partition.

So over all, the space was nice, but the service was slow (they weren't busy) and the food lack-luster.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Since changing location, I have really enjoyed popping in here for lunch either at the bakeshop or for a sit down meal with colleagues. Every time, the food is of excellent quality and serves to be a lovely pay-day treat.
When I heard that they opened in the evenings over the weekend, we were really excited as I have wanted to take my husband there for a long time - especially now that they offer a few vegan options. So we went this weekend and the atmosphere was lovely and the food was really delicious and we got to enjoy desert too.
When we come here, the waiting staff are really good but on this occasion it was a bit mixed. There was a bit of a language barrier between us and one of the staff members we made it clear that we just wanted olives, but she kept on asking about bread, cutlery were not replaced after courses and we did have to remind her to refill our jug.
Saying that, it did not ruin the experience, but it was not the usual high standard I am used to when I come here.
I look forward to coming back again in the near future.