“Well equipped”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Spacioius bedroom with super king size bed that can also be configured as two 3ft single beds
New fully fitted kitchen including dishwasher, washing machine, double oven, hob, micowave
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bristolbe...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“1st class accommodation but a lot of noise from owners above”
Reviewed 10 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Positive comments first. This accommodation is first class and filled with everything you should need for your self-catering stay as a home-from-home. And I think all visitors agree that the shower is fabulous, as is the bathroom itself. In the kitchen you have everything you should need to whip up a snack or a full-blown dinner although no room was left for visitors to store any food so we did have to jiggle things around a little in the cupboards but this wasn't a major issue.
On the negative side, this accommodation is not quite a semi-detached single storey as advertised but an annexe attached to the owner's property with a door separating the two (although there is a separate entrance for visitors to use), plus the owners are using the loft space above the accommodation. On the first night we arrived around 6pm and were greeted by a loud voice from above who was almost continually talking for the next 2.5 hours and seemed to be opening and closing a lot of drawers throughout. This went on until 8.30pm. You can imagine how we felt on hearing that - so much for a peaceful holiday, and laughable when in the visitor's handbook they ask you to be mindful of making any noise yourselves. I slept on the sofa bed in the lounge and the next morning at about 7am I was woken by talking and a loud zipping/unzipping of a bag (I presume) from the other side of the door which separated the holiday accommodation from their home. I am not someone who lays in all morning but I do like to wake up naturally when on holiday and we had had a tiring day on the Monday before arriving. This went on until around 7.30am when the family left the house. When we got back that day we were feeling a little anxious about the noise that may have greeted us but luckily no-one seemed to be using the "upstairs". However, on Wednesday morning I was woken up again by the family getting ready to leave. That evening there was minor movement and talking above for some of the early evening but then around 10.30pm someone was continually walking backwards and forwards above us and the drawer noise started again. It stopped at 10.45pm but then started again at 10.55pm as I was trying to get to sleep. At 11.15pm I rang the owner to make her aware I was trying to sleep but the noise of her walking and opening/closing drawers for the last 20mins was too noisy to let me.
I am not sure if the owner is fully aware of how much noise is made when they are using the space above the holiday "cottage" - and why they are continually opening and closing so many drawers (which is what it sounds like). Plus they really do need to be mindful of their noise in the morning in what I presume is their hallway as it is only a door separating the two.
It is such a lovely accommodation, and was a perfect location for us visiting many National Trust properties, but let down by the fact they use the space above it which doesn't seem to be properly insulated so the noise level is bad, and you are left with a feeling of not being "detached" from them. I did leave a letter (as guests are invited to) to explain this to the owner along with my positive comments but a little disappointed that to date I've heard nothing from her.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Peter M
“Stunning?”
Reviewed 11 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Maybe our expectations were a bit (to) high, but we had a good stay but wouldn't it mention stunning! The cottage was very well equipped, spacious and clean, the garden however could have been a bit larger.
Furthermore, we didn't realise that the cottage is on the ground floor and the upper floor is in use by the owner. It gave us an 'unfree' feeling, hearing much noices (walking, talking, shower, use of toilet, etc.). We recommend to mention this in brochure/on website.
We regret not having met the owner, a short personal welcome on the day of arrival would be much more 'personal'. (and probably reduces 'problems' as written above).
As for the location: splendid! Our goal was to visit gardens, historic sussex. Lovely food and service in the nearby pub!
Would we recommend this cottage? Yes and no See above. (I mark Yes).
Kind regards, Else & Peter
We hope you will use our comments to improve your

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
14 Jun 2018
Thank you for your comments your points have been noted
mariaF422...
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Well equipped”
Reviewed 15 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a good few days at the cottage. It was warm, very comfortable,spotless, with everything we needed. Lovely to find the kitchen had plenty of crockery, cutlery and anything else we might need. Location perfect for tourist attractions, and also for Bull pub, just a stone's throw from the door.

Management Response
18 Oct 2017
Many thanks for your review I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing