“Lunch time change”

Black Olive Delicatessen
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Southwold
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Went for a pork pie and quiche luncheon with salad .The pies and quiche did not disappoint.
Great array of other pies,cakes and sandwiches to tempt the taste buds.Sausage rolls ,three times the nirmal size but was barred from purchasing as too big for one at lunchtime.highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We always call in this place when in Southwold. Being a vegetarian choice in this part of the country tends to be rather limited. However, not here. There are a great range of salads and pies along with many other items and I note that the vegetarian / vegan range is increasing. Shroom pie excellent, you will not go wrong! Prices high, but isn't everything (well virtually) in Southwold?

Reviewed 11 May 2018

On a recent visit to Southwold from Yorkshire came upon Black Olive,excellent display of wares on display,purchased one Scotch egg and one individual Steak pie the cost just shy of £8 as I am not the Sultan of Brunei I was taken aback at price of aformentioned savouries and upon exsiting establishment had to rest to fully recover my composure.The pie was adequate and the Scotch egg less so,in future I will only purchase pies in the West Riding and have only my self to blame for thinking such complicated foodstuffs could be made in Southern England,what kind of fool am I ?

Reviewed 7 May 2018

This is a shop, not a restaurant....

Popped in yesterday during a visit to Southwold after seeing the great selection of food in the window.

Pies, quiche, pork pies, scotch eggs, tarts.... so many choices.

Went in for a pie, and came away with 6 pies and 2 scotch eggs as they did look magnificent.

Once home we have sampled and definitely prefer the pies hot as it really bring the flavour alive.

We had

Fungi Chicken,
Chicken Leek and Ham Hock

Bacon Scotch Egg
Black Pudding Scotch Egg

Not cheap, however for homemade, designer pies, full of meat and extremely tasty, they are pretty much bang on for price

Only downside is it take about 2½ hours to visit....

Will be back for more soon though :-)

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I love Southwold. I love the atmosphere, the small, friendly nature of the place by by jingo, I love the Black Olive. It’s good for nipping in for a quick treat, picking up picnic food to eat by the sea or you could go all out like we did and buy a ton of pies and salads for a family dinner party. I’ve tried making it at home but it misses the Black Olive magic. Everything about the Black Olive brings about bliss.