“best fish n chips in suffolk!”
Review of Mrs T's

Mrs T's
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Southwold
Cuisines: Fast food
Description: Fish and chips with small eating in section along the harbour road, in a wooden shack
Reviewed 6 October 2017

perfect location in the harbour, fresh fish and chips... good clean cooking oil... staff are excellent... brilliant takeaway!!

1  Thank saltofthearth

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Serendipity. If my husband had not gone for a walk along Southwold harbour while I rested in the car we would never have found the fantastic Mrs T's. The approach over an unmade, uneven road and the restaurant and takeaway being in a typical fisherman's building could be daunting but once you get inside a fish and chip experience awaits. It's pretty basic. The meal comes in a cardboard tray, even if you sit in the restaurant, but there was a good sized mug of coffee and a very large portion of well cooked fish and chips, in fact I have to own up to taking half of mine home and I saw two people on the outside tables sharing. The service was friendly and helpful. Being out of season it is only open lunchtimes and I would suggest checking opening hours for any time of year before you go. I wish we'd found this years ago.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Situated on the Southwold side of the harbour, this may not be high on your list of eateries to go to. One bit of advice...get there! We went twice in our holiday week and both times the food was excellent. I had haddock and chips the first time with the fish portion massive - I couldn't finish it which is a rarity for me! The second time I opted for the scampi which was up there with the best I've had. My wife had a portion of chips with mushy peas which was amongst the best she'd had as well. That added to the extremely pleasant staff and the inexpensive price gives Mrs T's five out of five.

1  Thank hallster11
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Have been here a few times but only this last time tried the fish and chips. The cafe is unpretentious, but their fish is excellent. It's worth trying the plaice, which is as good as I've had anywhere.

1  Thank Mattie15
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Gets a 9 out of 10 on my fish and chip shop rating system. You can only achieve a 10 if you skin the fish.

Very polite and efficient service, huge pieces of fish and fair prices. Definitely recommended.