“Great place to visit”

Catastrophe Cat Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Description: Visit East Anglia's very first Cat Cafe and relax with our furry friends without the responsibility! Fully vegetarian we also offer vegan and gluten free options. Our menu changes frequently but includes afternoon tea, sandwiches, homemade cakes, herbal and fruit teas and speciality coffees. Rehoming available through our dedicated team. Shortly offering a Community Outreach service for adults in isolated areas & pet therapy to care homes who have residents suffering from Dementia & Learning Disabilities.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited just after 11 am and stayed for an hour and a half. The cats wandered around, jumping up for strokes and fuss when they wanted to; it was so lovely to be amongst these happy cats. The food, drinks and service were really good; there is a great choice of both food and drinks, hot and cold drinks, plus a variety of cakes available. It is only a small cafe, with a few tables, but well worth visiting. Being on an industrial estate, the parking is good and the cafe is really easy to find.

1  Thank Helen B
Cat M, Guest Relations Manager at Catastrophe Cat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and enjoying interacting with our thoroughly spoilt cats. They do love being fussed over! The team are really happy that you liked our selection of vegetarian and vegan food and our drinks. We try our best to provide delicious homemade cakes so it is always nice to hear good comments about them. We hope you will find the time to visit us again soon

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited today after looking forward to it for a while! The cats are ever so lovely and the staff were friendly and made us feel welcome. However I do feel there is a few aspects that let this cat cafe down when I truly believe it could be something amazing that I would want to visit regularly!
My honest review is below:

The location itself of the cat cafe is on the outskirts of Ipswich and it seems strange that a cat cafe is hidden in like an industrial estate? Anyway their aim is to get somewhere on the high street but i understand it is very competitive. However this means there is parking!!
The menu I feel is very basic. There were mainly hot drinks a vast variety of teas and coffees which seemed great but not many soft drinks. The lunch menu was also surprisingly small. My friend and I were hoping to have lunch here however due to the lack of choice we decided to go to a pub nearby. The choice was mainly of egg or cheese and onion, cheese and pickle or vegan cheese sandwiches. However I think it is brilliant that vegan cheese is an option!! If there were paninis with different fillings then I would be more inclined to visit often with different friends for lunch. It would also be nice if the menus were printed out rather than everything just on a chalk board as that was quite confusing. There was a printed menu of drinks but not for food.

It does also lack a bit of ambiance in there however maybe that was due to it being quiet. But I felt a bit uncomfortable with being asked a few times if I wanted something else and then the waitress did disappear for a while so no one was around to ask anything. Another family came in and had to wait quite a while for just a pot of tea too. If the cakes were displayed in covered containers that would also be more enticing.

You were given treats to feed the cats which was a nice touch. And the staff seemed to genuinely care about you which was lovely. The cats were very affectionate which was great as at many cat cafes they don't want to be touched! They had a box of toys you could use to play with the cats and the way the place was designed was great with loads of stuff for the cats. I can't wait until there is more cats as they said they are saving spaces for cats that may come due to kitten season. There was a few tables and it is quite small but it was perfect.

A £5 per person charge is taken which I think is reasonable to help go towards the cats and it is amazing how they also run off the help of so many volunteers too!

Overall I enjoyed my visit and being able to play with cats. However I just feel it needs an improved food menu and soft drink menu,if these were implemented I would definitely visit often!
Best of luck with this cat cafe I think it's an amazing thing you are doing that some of these cats can be adopted too:)

3  Thank lauralouise711
Cat M, Guest Relations Manager at Catastrophe Cat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The team are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and enjoyed interacting with our cats. We welcome your feedback and your comments have been passed to the owners. We have tried covering and displaying the cakes but unfortunately the cats tried to help themselves so we had to abandon that idea! We are hoping to be able to expand our menu very soon and will certainly keep paninis in mind as an option. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Visited today and had a great time! The cats all seemed happy to be there and had their own areas to relax in. Very sociable and affectionate. Compared to other cat cafés visited, the cats definitely seemed the happiest here. Coffee and cake great and generous portions given. Staff lovely! Will definitely be returning!

1  Thank lejb23
Cat M, Guest Relations Manager at Catastrophe Cat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The team are really pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

booked a table for mothers day 2 weeks before the date, even went in the weekend before to talk it over. Arrived and they didnt have enough room and had booked too many people in! I even recieved the ‘Friendly reminder about your booking’ email the day before. The girl behind the counter thought it was hilariously funny, told us to come back in an hour. The manager who had done the booking would not come out of the kitchen to apologise, instead we were told by the volunteer to leave! The WORST SERVICE and i will never be coming back here or recommending this hole to anyone. Thank you for ruining mothers day.

14  Thank hollybates44

The café extend their deepest apologies to you and your party for the issues we had on our first ever Mothers Day. This event proved far more popular than we had anticipated. So many people were enjoying the cats that tables were being occupied for longer than we had expected causing a temporary shortage of seating. As you say you were offered a table at a slightly later time and asked to come back but we understand if this was not what you wanted. Unfortunately the manager was preparing the afternoon teas in the kitchen and therefore could not come out to speak to you herself but I believe that the staff did offer your party complementary afternoon tea to be taken at a time convenient to yourselves to apologise for this. If you would like to take up this offer please contact the café with your Mothers Day booking reference and they will sort this out for you. Apologies once again.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely afternoon with tea, cake and cats! The new arrivals seem to have settled in well and are very happy to have a cuddle. Management are kind and attentive, thank you.

1  Thank HazardButton5

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The team are very happy that you enjoyed your visit and got to see the latest additions to our cat family. We look forward to welcoming you back to the café soon