Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Priceline
All reviews sunday roast under new management staff were very helpful curry needed somewhere nice pub last week feel welcome transformation adam beers sizewell
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2021

Stayed for two evenings last week on buiseness at sizewell
As lockdown is difficult for all of us,
I didnt expect the level of service we received if was outstanding to say the least
And also was made extremely safe at all times of my stay
Food was amazing
We will be back soon
Thank you to the gentleman who served us breakfast and dinner
Extremely proffesional and very calming

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

We booked this property for a few nights away as Aldeburgh was very busy, all I can say is don’t book it, stay at home.

To say it’s dated is an understatement
The 1st room we went to had water running down the walls and from the light switch, the paint on the ceiling was cracked and warped from damp I can only imagine. The room was wonky and the bathroom very dated with a toilet and shower on a small cut out cubby hole, the decor was very dated and in desperate need or a refurb.
The window was mouldy and the curtain rail hanging off, which ment it was difficult to block out the constant bleeping from the zebra crossing right outside the room.

After speaking to the receptionist who I may say was lovely, she called and spoke to her manager who wasn’t there and agreed to move us rooms.

Happily we agreed although the 2nd room was just as bad if not worse! The blind looked like a gang of cats had been fighting in it, the beds were not made, not even sure they were clean as 2 pillows were propped up agains the wall as if someone had been using them, and There was still 2 half empty cups of tea/coffee on the side from what I’m guessing was the previous people who decided to do as we did and leave!

We were fortunate enough to find alternative accommodation in aldeburgh so we decided to leave, again the young girl on the reception was so helpful and understanding.
I left my mobile number with her for her manager to contact me, needless to say we haven’t heard from him.

My mum had a room right at e top which I can say was actually very nice apart from the dirty Devan base. It was clearly one of the recent refurbished rooms.
I was advised by the staff that the hotel was u forgoing refurbishment, however I’m not sure how far they have actually got with this. All I can say is the pictures on booking.com are very misleading and clearly ONLY show the refurbished rooms, Good luck getting one of those!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 585kimberleyb
Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

Came for a snack at lunch time. Staff all very friendly, bar and restaurant recently refurbished and looks brilliant, very welcoming. The food on offer at lunch time is a good-sized bar menu with sandwiches (very well priced) and small dishes like honey and mustard sausages. The food came and it was really well presented and absolutely delicious, I had club Sandwich and it was very big, very tasty and very filling! Would defo come back again!

Only feedback would be could do with some music in the dining area adjacent to the bar.

Whole place very covid safe with one way system, staff all wearing masks etc.

Staff very attentive, friendly and chatty! Lovely place for lunch time, will be back to try out the dinner menu soon!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

My partner booked a romantic couple of days away, we dropped of our stuff I wasn’t impressed but we headed out for dinner, on our return and double checking this is the most vile place I’ve ever stayed, the bed sheet came back with the duvet to reveal possibly THE WORST MATRESS
I HAVE EVER SEEN!! I couldn’t walk near foot the rooms were that disgusting, carpet not even laid. Was absolutely vile!! We booked through booking.com we left and the lovely girls were like you need to go through booking.com, the owner has refused our refund allegedly!!! £200 for 2 nights to stay in equivalent of a crack den is absolutely shocking!! DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE UNLESS ITS GUARANTEED TO BE A REFURBED ROOM!!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2020

We arrived late afternoon and needed somewhere to eat in the village. We wandered around and settled on here. We walked in the restaurant door of the hotel and the waitress wearing vertical black and white striped trousers greeted us and stated the few restaurant places were fully booked but we could eat in the snug. She was very welcoming and a credit to the hotel. The hotel was very Covid safe. We both had the scampi and triple fried chips and it was very pleasant.

Date of stay: September 2020